Quantcast

Race in Mexico This Weekend?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by rideagainst, Oct 25, 2005.

1. rideagainst

rideagainst Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    There's a race in Mexico this weekend isn't there? Any Californians going down for the race? A couple of my friends and I are thinking of heading down there. Is there a flyer online or a website or something for info about the race?
    Thanks
    -mike

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Transcend

Transcend My Nuts Are Flat

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    The big race this weekend is the continental championships in mexico. It isn't exactly an "open" race, it's class C UCI. Your federation has to sign you up.

We wil have live coverage and a photo gallery on Transcend

3. merrrrjig

merrrrjig Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    There is another race though. In ensenada. Email this guy for more info: ffatbiz@aol.com he is FFAT here on RM

4. Alpha Kenny Body

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    maybe you are talking about the Panamericanos, its like the european championship.
    Hey transcend (i don;t know your name) are you coming to Mexico? If so remember to stay at Hotel Cibeles this is where most of the racers will be staying, if you are on your own and have no clue where the DH race is going to be , go to "El Ajusco" to the "Parque San Nicolas Totolapan", if you want something to eat in there go up in the road to the Start line of the DH, in the way there'll be a few restaruants, be careful!!! if you want something more fancy, go to "Mongo", its mongolian food, but it is 20 km away from the race.
    if you need some directions on how to get to the DH track don;t hesistate to ask me
    cheers
    It would be a good idea to ask some locals if you can stay with them, specially a guy named "Werever" he is local shop owner, you can recognize him because he has a red M3, with dorado x works, i'm sure he'll help you.

5. Transcend

Transcend My Nuts Are Flat

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    I thought that was last weekend - has. Make it 2 races in mexico this weekend. Aie yay yay!

6. Alpha Kenny Body

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
  7. FFAT

FFAT Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Yes, there is a race this weekend. It's a local Ensenada race. I'll be heading down on Friday afternoon. The race is on Saturday. If anyone is into, please PM or email me at: ffatbiz@aol.com

Steve and Curtis from Downfast are keen into going. So if you want to caravan down, let me know.

The course is legit. Pretty techy and fast.

8. vitox

vitox Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1

im the one going, matter of fact im in lima waiting for a connecting flight

ill be with the chile guys, ask for vitox.

9. Alpha Kenny Body

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    camara bro, nos vemos alla

10. Str8Dwn

Str8Dwn Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    The race organizer for the Pan American games came by our booth at interbike. I was trying to get the chip timing contract, but never heard back from the guy. I am able to provide chip timing for all the DH/XC/4X events. Oh well.

11. Alpha Kenny Body

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    shet, i think we're going with the same old mother fockers, they suck.
    the last time they were on a DH competition, they took 2 hours to get the times, and before all that time, they got them wrong!
    Too bad, you couldn't get the contract though