Quantcast

Race Of Champions

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Just a reminder for you motorsport loving monkeys, the race of champions is tomorrow saturday 3rd December.
it will be held at the Stade De France tomorrow on a tarmac crossover style course(like superspecial stages).

so far these drivers are confirmed
Race of Champions - Nations Cup

France:
Jean Alesi & Sebastien Loeb

USA:
Travis Pastrana & Jeff Gordon

GB:
Colin McRae & David Coulthard

Finland:
Marcus Grönholm & Heikki Kovalainen

Brasil:
Felipe Massa & Nelson Piquet jr.

Scandinavia
Mattias Ekström & Tom Kristensen

Team Benelux:
Francois Duval & Christian Albers

Team Playstation France:
Stephane Peterhansel & Sebastien Bourdais

Germany:
Armin Schwarz & Bernd Schneider
the cars they will be competeing in are
rally car - Citroen Xsara wrc
road car - Porsche 911 GT3
and the ROC buggy.

it will be shown live, at 16:00-21:00 CET in both UK and USA
in UK it will be on Eurosport at 15:00 GMT
according to the ROC site in US it will be shown on HD Net but you will have to figure out the time its on in your timezone.

last year it was great and i'm really looking forward to seeing it again, i'd love to be there in person, it must be an amazing atmosphere.

anyway for more information visit.
http://www.raceofchampions.com/

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Team Playstation France made me laugh. Not that they're clutching at straws or anything. They'll probably win and make me look like a cunt though.
Edit- I see cunt still gets thru the filter. Cool.

Jan 29, 2005
Echo said:
I can't believe the best they could come up with from the USA was Jeff Gordon and Travis Pastrana.
you'd be suprised just how talented a driver Jeff Gordon is, even though i despise its existance, NASCAR is a very very difficult sport to be good at. boring as hell to watch, but difficult nonetheless

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Looks like a cool event, but I do not have a HDTV so therefore I don't subscribe to HDnet so I can't watch, nor give Mark Cuban any money, sorry Mark.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
dropsdon'tlikem said:
NASCAR is a very very difficult sport to be good at.
It's hard for me to believe that when I hear the drivers complain about having to brake on the road courses.............:rolleyes:

Jeff is a good driver, no question, he doesn't need a stand in for the road courses and could actually drive an F1 car.......but he's not this years champion Tony is...............this to me seems like a pretty prestigious event to participate in, or at least be invited to.

I really like the course layout, it was a blast to watch last year.........