Quantcast

Race promotor needs your help

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
I need everyones help. I am looking into purchasing a timing system to assist us in our races promotions.. ( other than two stop watches) was wondering what anyone out there may have experience with. pro and cons of the various systems. The system will be for DH and MX. So it will need to be relativly easy to move and will need to be taken from resort to resort.

Also I am looking for sites or companies to purchase number plates from. Did a search for them online and didn't find anything . Anyone have any ideas? I believe we used to use rainbow racing but I can't find anyting on them. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again..

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'd stay away from the wireless system. Guy here spent big money on one and it went down all the time...guaranteed not to get a signal. actually there is a company out of the Northeast that uses Tag Heuer timing and they have all the most accurate stuff...photocells, etc. The guys at plattekill and Mountain Creek use their stuff. They supply the timing equipment for the SCCA rallies too.

I just found the website [SIZE=5]www.reliableracing.com[/SIZE] . They have a timing system that is an all in one kit specificly for using for DH and immediate conversion to MtnX/Dual Slalom. You have to ask for that system specificly. They'll quote oyu a really high price at first but then come down on it by several hundred dollars b/c the guys working you are salesmen. Go with the wired system...you just buy a big spool of thick gauge phone line (really cheap in big spools) and you never lose signal or miss riders.

Also, you can use either a start wand (sometimes people miss it) or photocells at the start. If you use a wand you gotta have a very narrow gate that they are guaranteed to go through.

(edit) here's the page you need...check out the PDF's and they will show you exactly which one you need. There are 4-5 different configurations http://www.reliabletiming.com/configurations.cfm