Quantcast

Race Radios Banned

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Merckx won for years without a radio. racers make some valid points for keeping them but i think the racing would be more exciting if they didn't have the constant info. and they're only doing it for 2 stages so it's nothing they should get their panties in a bunch about.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Merckx won for years without a radio. racers make some valid points for keeping them but i think the racing would be more exciting if they didn't have the constant info. and they're only doing it for 2 stages so it's nothing they should get their panties in a bunch about.
It the change from having the radios to not, IMO. The riders have become so used to listening to the directors for instruction that I think they're gonna feel naked out there.

I wonder if we'll see any teams chasing themselves down accidentally after not realizing they had a rider in the break...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I say ban them on all the stages.
^ I'm with stupid(the icon is now gone :()

It forces riders to pay attention....the big teams will have to stick a guy up there to watch who goes in the breaks and to cover moves. The more interesting thing would be the big climbing stages, I suspect the team directors are the ones telling them when to attack