Quantcast

Race Rant ( hurricane , and Punk A$$e$ )

splat

Nam I am
What is it with Hurricanes and the XC races I'm doing this year! this is my 2nd race in a row that the Remnants of a Hurricane , ( last race , Tropical Storm CHarley came through) came throught. The remnants of Hurricane Ivan came through on Saturday and Dumped 2 inches of rain on the course . SO a course that is normally describibed as a dust bowl was now a quagmire!

and secondly As I was racing I had a Very odd Mechanical Problem , I stripped the the highest 3 cogs on my Cassette , thet would just spin , and when the spun , the un did the lock ring. This slowed me a Bit as I had to try and get that Lock ring back on the free hub with no free hub tool. I did it and Managed to finishe the race in 6th . which was very respectable , we had a big field . But now just as my cassette stated spinning with no wheel motion. I though I was really screwed , and said "Sh1t" and this little punk who passed me right after say' You kiss your Moma with that mouth" WTF!?!?! had I been able to make my bike go with out repair , I would have driven that l little twerp right into a tree.

after I had finished all the wrenches came over to look at my Bike as no one had ever herd of this happeneing. and all confirmed wow it did.

what they feel happened, was I in the highesrt gear , and it stripped ( reason why , who knows ) and when it did , it un threaded the lockring, whichand Then up shifted on gear trying to go again , which I did , but now these rings were loose and suseptable to sripping , which they did.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That sucks, I had a similar problem when a bunch of grass clogged up my cassette. Enough grass had wedged itself between the lockring and dropout that pedaling loosened the whole mess.

Congrats on still getting 6th with the mechanical problems.