Quantcast

Race Report

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
So how did Tahoe go Ridemonkey????

12 Hours at the Summit was a brutal course. 1,200 feet of climbing, 9 mile course. My teammate and I each did 5 laps full throttle and am pooped today!

Funny story, before the race even started I was riding to the bathrooms at a nice leisurely pace, looking around and saying hi to some people I knew when all of a sudden I was on the ground. I was not paying attention and had ridden off a stair! Injury report: bruised chin, scraped up knee, bruised and rasberried ribs, bruised right knee and thigh. The bite valve on my camelback even came off and water was spurting everywhere; I looked like some sort of damn fountain.

What a way to start a race. I hope to get some pictures posted soon.
________
Airsoft Powered Guns

Last edited:

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
I havent gotten any news from RM on the race yet but I am sure he kicked ass and is fully recovered by now.. (well maybe not fully recovered).

SO Heidi you raced too huh? Very cool. Was it just you and one other? THat must have been brutal! Kudos to you for doin it. I am going with RM to the 24 hour MOab race in OCtober. I just want to check out the scene to see what its all about.Not quite racer material:p

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I was on a 2 person team with another lady. There wasn't a category for us so we were racing against other two person male teams - tough to compete. We aren't even sure how we placed.

I am still tossing around the idea of riding the 24 Hrs of Moab. If you are at all interested in racing, this type of event is perfect for getting into it. Maybe get a team together and go at it just for fun.
________
Tigerblood

Last edited:

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Cool Heidi... how technical was the trail anyway? I know I could work up the endurance but I am not the greatest at really technical stuff... at all:(

If any Monkeys do head to Moab for the race we will have to try to meet:D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The course had some pretty technical sections - loose switchbacks that lots of people walked, and a very loose, rocky, steep downhill section. The rest was twisty singletrack and fireroad.

Joe- Tinker didn't ride this race, he's riding the 24 Hours of Hurkey Creek race on September 22/23.

For the dowhnillers - there was also a 12 hour downhill race at Snow Summit this weekend where the teams rode the chairlift up the mountain and then raced downhill for 12 straight hours. The winning team did something like 72 runs!
________
Rc113

Last edited: