Quantcast

raceface deuce XC bars for street

Dec 11, 2007
hey i have a serious question about a certain pair of handle bars! i have a pair of race face deuce XC low riser bars. They came stock on my santa cruz nomad and i have recently replaced them. I want to put them on my street bike but im worried about there strength. I like to do alot of spins and am hard on the bike. Sometimes i'll even get into the mood for some CALCULATED drops to flat. Im just wondering if you think there strong enough to support the abuse (155 pounds) is what i weigh. Im thinking they should hold up to riding... crashes not included (**** happens) but like they wont snap on me or anything for lets say over shooting a big jump to flat will they?

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
I wouldn't worry about it one bit. Your weight is kind of irrelevent unless you're landing nose heavy with no front suspension and all your 155lb's getting transfered through the bars (which isn't the case, and if it is, you probably have bigger things to worry about.)

If you were talking XC cranks or something you might not want to run them, but for bars I wouldn't worry one bit. In the odd event that you did exceed the limits of the material, 6061 is going to bend/elongate around 8-15% before it fails, so basically you'd notice a bend before they broke...

If it was me I'd rock them without worrying. And if you bend them get something beefier.

Dec 11, 2007
I wouldn't worry about it one bit. Your weight is kind of irrelevent unless you're landing nose heavy with no front suspension and all your 155lb's getting transfered through the bars (which isn't the case, and if it is, you probably have bigger things to worry about.)

If you were talking XC cranks or something you might not want to run them, but for bars I wouldn't worry one bit. In the odd event that you did exceed the limits of the material, 6061 is going to bend/elongate around 8-15% before it fails, so basically you'd notice a bend before they broke...

If it was me I'd rock them without worrying. And if you bend them get something beefier.
ahh thank you sir thats all i needed to hear! i was just worried about the snap factor! and yes to the person above i forgot to pay attention to which forum this was!