Quantcast

RaceFace warranty trouble

iljicS

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Budapest, HU
I bought a Diabolus crankset for my new bike, because it's "simply the stiffest, strongest freeride cranks out there" and it looked sick. I ordered from the US, because the price was much better than in the local RF dealer.
But after 2 weeks of usage the drive side crank simple fall off my bike ! I checked the BB spindle and it looks OK, but the ribs on the arm are deformed and can not hold the arm on the BB.
I sent it back to the shop and they sent forward to RF.
RF said: "We'll warranty it, it is a known issue". It was in April.

The shop called RF many times, left messages, but the new crankset still didn't show up and now its September !

I never thought the "lifetime warranty" means I have to wait a lifetime for a warranty replacement.

My advice is: go for a Saint crankset and don't buy anyting from RF !

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
i saw that warranty video as well. pisses me off because they gave me a half assed answer to my creaking question. i think they should be a little less cocky.

i want to swap out cranks but reviews of the xt integrated say they creak too. i'm sick of creaking. screw integrated bullsh1t.

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
I had warranty issues with R/F. Their first run Diabolous cranks were anodized on the spline. This wore off and created play between drive arm and bb. I finally got the updated version(no anodization) and they are solid. As for Sh!tmano , they press their spiders to the cranks. This process is weaksauce. They will always creak. If you ride these enough they will eventually be so loose the spider will wiggle.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
iljicS said:
The shop called RF many times, left messages, but the new crankset still didn't show up and now its September !

I never thought the "lifetime warranty" means I have to wait a lifetime for a warranty replacement.
Sadly, that's pretty much what I experienced from them. Little or no communication, and it took around 4 months to get the warrantied crank arm. :stosh:

J

J5ive

I have a pair of diablous that have faded really bad. They are now purple. Warrenty?

I'm not that way inclined. Not that theres anything wrong with that :P

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
My 4 year old NorthShore cranks are going strong. THey have been on at least 5 bikes. It will be a sad day when they finally go. Ive been hesitant to try the new external BB thinng since everyone seems to have nothing but trouble.