Quantcast

Races in SLO Area in oct!?

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
There are no races left here in Slovenia as the last one was held on the 15th of August. But you can still ride some awsome tracks on Pohorje mountain (Maribor), where there were WC races held. They have new MTB park, with lots of berms and jumps. You can PM me and I can showe you some of the best trails/tracks in SLO.
Where will you be staying?

Link http://www.pohorje.org/poleti_ENG/default.asp?id=947

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
numerik---pozdrav iz hrvatske..
imas mozda kalendar za 2006 sezonu dh utrka ??

nadam se da ce mo se vidjeti jer ja dolazim na sve dh utrke u slo sljedece sezone ali bez licence, mozes po slovenski pricati kuzim te..

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Hans said:
I'll be on vacation in SLO in oct (6th-28th) and I was wondering if there are any dh races on in the area at that time?
Bummer- the Parkfield classic is 10/1-10/2! Stretch you vacation a week earlier!

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Kalendar za tekme v Slo še ni določen. Do 10. okt. morajo organizatorji prijaviti tekme na KZS. Lokacije in termini ostajajo podobni kot letos...vec se bo vedelo cez kaksen mesec...
lp

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
MVRIDER said:
Bummer- the Parkfield classic is 10/1-10/2! Stretch you vacation a week earlier!
Other than Parkfield, there won't be any other races. However, if you can hook up with Zark, he'll show you around Santa Barbara. It's about an 1 1/2 drive or so from SLO. Some of the best DH trails in So Cal.

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
blt2ride said:
Other than Parkfield, there won't be any other races. However, if you can hook up with Zark, he'll show you around Santa Barbara. It's about an 1 1/2 drive or so from SLO. Some of the best DH trails in So Cal.
thanks, i'll look into that when I get there, have to solve transport, I don't know how to drive! :think:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
In SLO, you can meet at Arts Cyclery (bike shop) on sunday afternoon ; might be 4:30 pm (i'm not sure,just ask them ahead of time) Well, they take you up the grade and up a fireroad and you ride down Morning Glory or Shooters or one of those shuttle trails.

On Mondays Foothill Cyclery across the street from Panda Express shuttles on modays. I haven't ridden with them yet, so I have no idea on the time.

If you want to do some peadaling Cambria Bicycle Outfitter in SLO on Monterey Street does xc rides at like 6:00 ( I completely forgot the day).

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I could show you morning glory. I haven't been to shooters yet, but if I go and learn where it is, I can show you that instead.

Morning glory- all rocks,rocks, and some rocks.....did I mention it has rocks. There aren't any jumps/drops, just a few ledges and lips near the bottom.

Shooters- (as I heard) smooth/flowy w. lots of jumps to the side. I really want to ride it.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Shooters sucks to ride down. It's a fun climb, but a really mellow, short descent with four corners and two or three bumps. SLO has a lot more to offer than just that, hook up with some locals at the shops, or the CalPoly wheelmen. www.cpslowheelmen.org

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Hans said:
thanks, i'll look into that when I get there, have to solve transport, I don't know how to drive! :think:
Well if you make it to S.B. I'll show some tasty trails. Hint: Amtrack trains run in between SLO and Santa Barbara ;)

Of course from what I understand there is no shortage of cool trails in SLO too, you can't loose :thumb: