Quantcast

Races - Saturday or Sunday?

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
One of the great things about the TTC Gravity Park is that we have lots of flexibility, and we want to make any races or events as convenient as possible for everybody to attend. I'm clear that you can't please everyone, but I wanted to put this out there and get your opinions:

Do you prefer races to be held on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,
Tryon

BrianHudson

Chimp
Sep 26, 2009
Mobile Alabama
Sunday races give riders who are not local some time to get to the race and got some runs in on Saturday. If the race is wraped up by 4pm Sunday you still have plenty of time to get home and not have to take any time off work. Plus it give the guys putting on the race an extra day to get ready

Last edited:
Either day works for me since I'm so close, plus the central time zone thing (lose an hour). The only thing I could suggest is maybe get a grader up on the upper section of the shuttle road so the ride goes a bit smoother/quicker. We all want that everywhere anyway. You guys did an excellent job coordinating the trucks on the way up and down.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Good stuff, thanks guys. Those are some good points and make a lot of sense. Obviously we're still kind of split, so maybe we'll try both and see which brings a better turnout. More to think about.

For out of towners like me i would prefer a sat race.
Its usually easier to take fri off than a monday but like u said u cant please everyone so just what u can and the chips fall where they fall amigo.
Any of u guys coming to Windrock memorial day weekend?
Wish I could make it Loo, I'll be out of town, but I'm sure you guys will have a great turnout.

Either day works for me since I'm so close, plus the central time zone thing (lose an hour). The only thing I could suggest is maybe get a grader up on the upper section of the shuttle road so the ride goes a bit smoother/quicker. We all want that everywhere anyway. You guys did an excellent job coordinating the trucks on the way up and down.
Great news is that we'll almost certainly do Sport/Expert on the big side of the mountain at the next race. It will make for a seriously challenging run, and should be fun! Since it's paved road all the way to the top, shuttling won't be an issue at all. The beginner run will still be on the short side, and shuttling will be much easier.

We'll definitely be improving things for the next race, and if you guys have any ideas, we'd love to hear them!

Tryon

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Sat if it were a resort running lifts full time as a bike park. Sunday if it's a single event. This is the South and it's hard to get your elevation quota with a Sat. event. Plus you lose interest from guys from Florida, LA, GA, etc.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Saturdays are better for me but I understand the travel thing from far away places. If it is a really long way for someone, they are still going to have to take a day off work and like LOO said Fridays are usually easier. You have to do whats going to suit you guys best. Ill be at all the races I can

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
We're talking about this and are sticking with Saturday for the next one, but I'll be pushing to have at least one Sunday race per season to accommodate the guys/girls who can't make Saturdays.