Quantcast

races

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
How much can you learn from just going to watch the races at Diablo. When I went to a quad race I picked up on alot of things the riders were doing. I was wondering if it was the same at Diablo.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
What you can do is sign up to race, and on your practice runs, stop at a lot of the technical spots and watch all the different lines and techniques riders use to clear that section, then you can try them right after and keep riding.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
What you can do is sign up to race, and on your practice runs, stop at a lot of the technical spots and watch all the different lines and techniques riders use to clear that section, then you can try them right after and keep riding.
How fast are most times I'll proably wont be going to fast. I'd be riding on a hardtail.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
Tell if me if I'm wrong, but I thing that most people run full suspension at most downhill races. This most likely means that they would take crazier lines than people on a hardtail would becuase the extra plush out back can suck up drops and such. I do think that watching other people do thier lines would help with technique though.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
Tell if me if I'm wrong, but I thing that most people run full suspension at most downhill races. This most likely means that they would take crazier lines than people on a hardtail would becuase the extra plush out back can suck up drops and such. I do think that watching other people do thier lines would help with technique though.
I know thats why I wasnt planning on racing.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Ohhhh you mean like just tips for riding in general. I'm sure watching anyone ride sections will help you improve, just in racing its ideally the pinnacle of each riders abilities, thus you should be able to pick up more