Quantcast

Racing a Bullit

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
Hey everyone I was wondering if its possible to DH race an 05 santa cruz bullit? Given the brake jack problem, which can be fixed is there anything that should hold me back? Has anyone ever raced a bullit before in downhill? Thanks for the feedback.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
No, it's not possible. You're only allowed to freeride a bullit, which means you must roll down the course slowly, jump off any obstacle you can see, and say things like "gnarltastic" and "ex-core".

Silliness aside... you can race DH on anything, I've spent the year on a hardtail. It's just how well you can race on a given bike that matters, but even if the bike isn't entirely suitable, think of it as skill development.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i am still racing on my bullit, i feel i haven't used my bullit to its maximum potential yet, so i wont be changing bikes anytime soon. coz it still depends on the rider skill untill you really feel that the bullit is incapeble already.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
hey man, Steve Peat could win on a Bullet no matter what bike your on, if you are a ripper you will still haul azzz..!
Give it hell-they are good bikes-i had 3 of em !

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
wikitypooshlag said:
take the bullit as far as you possibly can. it'll make you a much better rider. but be prepared to lose to a rich kid on a demo9
:stupid: thats what i am doing now. and about ppl with better bikes, sometimes they beat me. but when i beat them the feeling is soo good. :thumb:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You can race on anything. I use to race my 00 6" travel Big Hit with dual Gazzo 24s. I did alright, top 5 in expert at local races and top 10-15 in BC Cup races.