Quantcast

Racing geekery pt 2...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
OK, major update tonight. It's only one page, but it's a goodun. Hell it's so good it deserves its own new thread to get your attention I'm afraid! :)

Using myself as part of the example, as me and this guy have been trading blows in the results sheets for a couple of years now!:
http://www.rootsandrain.co.uk/compare.html?i=154x148

At the moment it's limited to a maximum of 3 riders, until I figure out how to optimise the code a bit. Two is blindingly quick, three riders takes a second or two, four riders brings the server to its knees for about half a minute! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think it's pretty bitching, and to say it's going to be popular, would be a mild understatement I think!

Happy playin'.

- seb

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
That's a pretty nice system you got there seb! I can appreciate the time it took to develop that into what it is now.

One suggestion I would say is to have a downloadable Excel / PDF file where event guys can fill in for you to submit. Setting up a public google excel sheet for example for data entry (or via a forum based doc) would make it even easier. If you come up with a standard for data entry and everyone is willing to adhere to it that would make things arguably easier down the road for expansion, growth, and integration.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah, not necessarily a bad idea JV, and something i've already pencilled in as a possible! :)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'd like to bring world cup results into this site. Does anyone know who at UCI I should speak to, anyone got a name/email that I'd be best off contacting? PM me. Cheers!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'd like to bring world cup results into this site. Does anyone know who at UCI I should speak to, anyone got a name/email that I'd be best off contacting? PM me. Cheers!
Have you though of some form/input form so non uk/wc riders can use it too. It is quite awesome but I'm not ready to move to the uk for it ;)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Have you though of some form/input form so non uk/wc riders can use it too. It is quite awesome but I'm not ready to move to the uk for it ;)
I have, but it's a fairly long way down my to-do list. The admin area, especially the rider amalgamation/splitting process is something that I'm a dab hand at now, but would need considerable work to improve it before I could be happy releasing it for others to use without everything ending up a bit of a mess - the beauty of coding something for yourself rather than for other people! :)

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK