Quantcast

Racing in the NW

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
So, Im really debating on getting into some form of racing. My current bike is a DK xenia w/ Z1 sport forks, juicy brakes(f/r), you know basic hardtail FR bike. Im also building a revell 250r. I prefer single speed hardtails. I plan on BMXing the revell in the cruiser class, but also want to try some form of mountain bike racing. what would be a good form/class to race My xenia and possibly the revell? Is there a hardtail class at downhill events? thanks for any advise or help.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
basically put a fixed derailure on, haha good idea. yea there is hardtail class, but if your a beginner, you may either wanna just race in beginner or hardtail, however hardtail class usually has some good riders in it. but hey your out there to have fun and ride your bike right? so whats it matter.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
no you could run chainless for DH, I have had people put on a old broken derailuer and raced with it.
Ok, excuse my sudden stupidity. but are you saying I would either have to run gears or run chainless? I just dont dig gears lol. I guess i'll be sticking with bmx if gears are a "have to have" item.
Thanks for the input guys.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
no he is saying in dh it doesn't matter, but in mtx and dual you have to have a der and cassette, it has to look like you are running them, even if they aren't exactly working