Quantcast

Racing outside the USA

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
Sup guys,

I've never raced outside the USA and was wondering how I would go about registering for a couple Canada Cup races. I'm only planning on doing the Tremblant and Bromont races(as of now) so it wouldn't make much sense to buy a $150 UCI International racing license obviously... Can I buy day-of licenses if racing Cat1 19-29 or whatever the equivalent category would be? Or do I buy a Canadian license??

I also noticed that there's a UCI Code listed under my USAC account information, anyone know what this is? I'd like my results to be linked to my USAC profile if possible..

Much appreciated,
Adam

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I have raced the bromont and st anne canada cup and all i needed was a one day license. I was cat 1 19-29 also. it was super cheap i think 3 days of lifts, race entry, and one day license was something like $45 dollars. Im not sure if pro is any different but in cat 1 you should be fine.

that being said, this will not allow you to follow any points series.

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
Good to know. Anyone know about a US citizen getting a Canadian license? I may end up doing all QC cup races after all...

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
Good to know. Anyone know about a US citizen getting a Canadian license? I may end up doing all QC cup races after all...
I think you'll have a difficult time getting a Canadian license. You have to buy them from the provincial (state) federation, and those federations are pretty sticky about licensing out of province riders.

The categories are sport, expert and elite (elite being your pro). You should have no problem riding in sport or expert on a single day permit, but you have to have a uci license for elite. If I remember correctly you can do buy 1 single event permit per year (it might be 2, you might want to check).

Also because everything is run by province, if you are in another province its all different.