Quantcast

Racing questions

zibbler

Monkey
Does anyone know where I can obtain a 2003 race schedule. I'm thinking about entering a first-timers race next year, but I need to know when races will be in my area so I can start training.

Second question: Assuming a race will be in my area say around Feb or March, what kind of training routine should I begin now? I know right know my weakest point is endurance. How do I train to build up endurance? Once I get the endurance down I can work on speed.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Next year is going to be my racing year. Hopefully by then I will be able to have nice lights for a few 24 hr races. I couldnt come up with the dough this year.

My boss and I are going to put together an all girls 24 hr team for Winter Park and Moab. Now we just need 2 more girls:confused: :confused: :D

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
I wouldn't worry about "training". Just go out and ride for fun. When I started I did short fast rides during the week due to time contraints and on the weekends I did longer slow rides. Always for fun.

I started out in beginner 1 1/2 years ago and just moved up to sport last month. I still don't "train". I just go out and push myself and have fun. The key is to have fun.

Your goal in your first race should be to have fun and finish.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
If there's still races going on in your area do them now and you will see more what you need to improve on. Just have fun don't take them to seriuosly.
For endurance you want to do long slow rides at 75-80%max heart rate i think not very hard pace.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
terry n dave who run the gone racing promotion stuff won't have the new schdule up for a while probably. look for the 03 race schdule to be posted up some time during the winter. the AMBC event that is held early in the year is a good race. espically if they do it w/ the race races on the same weekend again. but there is a good race series in florida. most of the races are held in rock quarries and are really fast. the course in gainsvillle(which i wish was open to the public) would be really cool to ride at if the owner of the land wouldn't roll up next to you on his 4 wheeler w/ a shot gun and ask you what the hell you are doing on his land. but take advantage of the race series down there b/c it's a pretty decent one. however from what i know from my buddies who race down there the florida series is pretty small. not that many ppl actually show up, maybe 50-80 at most......

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by indieboy
however from what i know from my buddies who race down there the florida series is pretty small. not that many ppl actually show up, maybe 50-80 at most......
You mean spectators or racers? If you mean racers, that's good for me as there won't be as much competition. :D

I just received notification from an e-mail list Im on, that there is a new race series exclusively for South Florida, sanctioned by NORBA and promoted by Gone Riding, called the Coconut Cup.

Here's the schedule:

1/26/03 Markham Park
2/16/03 Amelia Earheart Park
3/23/03 Oleta River Park
4/13/03 Quiet Waters Park
4/27/03 Oleta River Park

Oleta River and Quiet Waters are the 2 parks I ride at, so I could enter in any or all of those races. :cool:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by zibbler

You mean spectators or racers? If you mean racers, that's good for me as there won't be as much competition. :D

I just received notification from an e-mail list Im on, that there is a new race series exclusively for South Florida, sanctioned by NORBA and promoted by Gone Riding, called the Coconut Cup.

Here's the schedule:

1/26/03 Markham Park
2/16/03 Amelia Earheart Park
3/23/03 Oleta River Park
4/13/03 Quiet Waters Park
4/27/03 Oleta River Park

Oleta River and Quiet Waters are the 2 parks I ride at, so I could enter in any or all of those races. :cool:
no i mean racer's. the florida series is pretty odd. always see ppl out there in beginner and like 11 yr old kids w/ full xtr, Ti frames, w/ sid's, n sets of crossmax's. but you'll like the gone riding series. terry is always hasslin me about driving to the races down there by myself or w/ out an adult w/ me n whoever i drove to the race w/, so i just have her sign my waivers ;)