Quantcast

Racing the new cross bike...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
For the first time this Monday! Our local short track series is starting so a bunch of us are going to race our cross bikes in prep for cross season. It'll be the first time I've actually raced my Addict CX. I'll let you know how it handles the jumps on the BMX track :)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Wow that took some time.
Well I did buy it in the middle of mountain bike season. I won the short track state champs on my SS cross bike this year :) I should have ridden the Addict in the pro race....I probably would have won instead of getting second

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
The race was fun, a number of people on cross bikes. I flatted but still got second in the SS race and I placed second in the pro race....the Addict was noticeably faster than my SS bike. That bike handles very well and I'm really happy with it.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
We've already had a cross race or two here in the Northeast...

Wet, Hot and Victorious is how we try to do it here in Easthampton...
And Piggy banks full of cash ain't too bad either

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
And Piggy banks full of cash ain't too bad either
lol, was it full of pennies?? Better than nothing I guess...many of our races don't pay out despite being the biggest races in the US.

<edit>Huh, didn't even notice that this was my 5000th post.

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
lol, was it full of pennies?? Better than nothing I guess...many of our races don't pay out despite being the biggest races in the US.

<edit>Huh, didn't even notice that this was my 5000th post.
Al won ~$500 for that hour of racing. You can't get a race permit in the Northeast without a decent prize-list. We would also never allow all the hipster shenanigans and non-uci conforming course designs y'all have up there. Here in the northeast it's a combination of The Crucible and Footloose.

Cross, like the Internets, is serious business!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Al won ~$500 for that hour of racing. You can't get a race permit in the Northeast without a decent prize-list. We would also never allow all the hipster shenanigans and non-uci conforming course designs y'all have up there. Here in the northeast it's a combination of The Crucible and Footloose.

Cross, like the Internets, is serious business!
Its cool if you can't the awesomeness that is our series :) Our courses are more technical than anything the UCI would allow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My buddy got booted from a cross race 'round here for noting having a UCI compliant Jersey. It was a custom jobber, plain black with our 24 hour race team name printed on the back.:rofl::weee:

Other people had the same problem for having sleeveless Jerseys. That seems acceptable though. Don't want those ****ing tri-****s crashing everyone else.

splat

Nam I am
We've already had a cross race or two here in the Northeast...
At first I just thought you were talking about commuting these days , with how wet it has been.

My buddy got booted from a cross race 'round here for noting having a UCI compliant Jersey. It was a custom jobber, plain black with our 24 hour race team name printed on the back.:rofl::weee:
what was wrong with the jersey ?

Other people had the same problem for having sleeveless Jerseys. That seems acceptable though. Don't want those ****ing tri-****s crashing everyone else.
No way don't want them , they are worse than Hipsters

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
No way don't want them , they are worse than Hipsters
Speaking of hipsters, there are some guys that race cross on fixies around here...not to mention the unicycle category. One of the unis wears a barbarian helmet/vest and carries a mini battle axe :p Our series is a spectacle of freaks!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Speaking of hipsters, there are some guys that race cross on fixies around here...not to mention the unicycle category. One of the unis wears a barbarian helmet/vest and carries a mini battle axe :p Our series is a spectacle of freaks!
That's what makes it the coolest series!:thumb:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
registration for the US Gran Prix here opens tomorrow. WOOT!!!!!!!
what races you hitting? I'm going to hit up the Portland race and thats probably it. If this year goes well I think I might do the series next year.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
just the one in Louisville...if you wanna do that one i can arrange housing and beer :thumb:
I may take you up on that next year! I registered for the PDX USGP, RAD, and Star Crossed. I was 3rd pro registered for the USGP...the other guys were PDX locals :) We all rush when registration opens....Nationals registration will suck. I'll have to stay up and type fast as hell when it opens (in case I don't get any UCI points).