Quantcast

Rack time

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I hace recently switched my old trusty suv, for a newer one with factory rails.

My old steel bars dont work anymore. So i bought a set of chinese aluminum bars to mount 2 4-year old thule 591.

The flimsy ass chinese bars flex a lot. So they arent cutting it.

New thule bars run only $100 less than a new thule t2, or vertex; plus the whole trick of loading bikes on the roof of an suv (me being 5'8") is getting really old.

What would biking jesus do, when it comes to hitch racks? Thule t2 for $500? Or thule vertex (4bikes) for $200 less??

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I am currently in the process of refinishing/rebuilding my friend's old completely rusted out Sportworks T2. I ripped it all apart yesterday and there was about a 1/2 gallon pile of old paint chips and rust fragments.

I felt like that Restoration Rick guy.

Hope this doesn't help.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
No 1up dealer in peru.
Thule is the only "serious" brand available here. Plus I have a hookup for bro deals.
T2 regular msrp is over $800....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
there wasn't a 1up dealer in Canada when I bought from them either. They just shipped it to me. Though they may not ship outside N.A...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Jesus was a poor man. I suspect he wouldn't be buying those 1UP racks. :D
No 1up dealer in peru.
Thule is the only "serious" brand available here. Plus I have a hookup for bro deals.
T2 regular msrp is over $800....
there wasn't a 1up dealer in Canada when I bought from them either. They just shipped it to me. Though they may not ship outside N.A...
i'm in the 1up camp and i like to poopdeck.