Quantcast

radiohead tickets (aka ticketbastard)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i would LOVE to see how the tickets get distributed, against a time log...ticketmaster should be a transparent operation, because i cannot believe that after logging in and ordering tickets within the first minute (+/- 30 seconds, it's hard to know exactly how much time transpired during the transaction, but tickets went on sale at 10:00, and my confirmation email is timestamped 10:01), i get two crappy seats.

here's the seating chart

i am in section 11

:bonk: :rant: :huh:

how the hell does that happen?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i figured out part of it...apparently there was a presale. i shoulda done a bit more research.

i'm glad i don't like too many big bands. this sorta sh!t sucks.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i tried getting tickets for a foo fighters acoustic show in the nokia theatre in nyc a few years back, didnt know of the presale but when they went on sale to the public they sold out in 4 seconds. small venue but still perty quick

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Been there done that! I've been dissed on so many shows because of Ticketmaster. The best thing to do is the day of the concert get there early and go to customer service, then just pay the difference & upgrade your tickets. I did that last Sept for the Alice in Chains & Velvet Revolver show. I had similar seats, went to ticket sales, they told me where to go once I was in the amphitheater and for another $10 each upgraded our seats from second section 7 row to first section second row. I was 15 feet from the stage:thumb:. Seats are held for ticket brokers, so the common folks like us get wronged. That little trick worked great for me, you should try it the day of the show.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
it's an outdoor shed thing...covered seats are maybe 8K, and lawn maybe 3-4K more? just a guess really. it's been a while since i've been there (neil young w/ soundgarden was the last show i saw there, easily 10 years or more ago).
Sucks. I'm beginning to understand why their last album was "free".

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've never heard of 'upgrading' but have heard of seats released the day of the show, either unused promoter seats and/or handicapped seats not used. maybe i will try that.

now that i've got a ticket, maybe i can get a real close seat for the first three (ie, photo pass)...that strategy worked for The Cure.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Sucks. I'm beginning to understand why their last album was "free".
to be honest, i really think the band is helpless against this sort of stuff. one thing that's been tried are pre-sales to the fan club, but scalpers just sign up for that too.

i would really like to know the distribution of tickets (ie, how many really got released for today's sale), and rate of sales (tickets/second, and what seats got sold when), though...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
to be honest, i really think the band is helpless against this sort of stuff. one thing that's been tried are pre-sales to the fan club, but scalpers just sign up for that too.

i would really like to know the distribution of tickets (ie, how many really got released for today's sale), and rate of sales (tickets/second, and what seats got sold when), though...
My hopelessly naive thought of the day. The "cut out the middle man" concept for the recent album can also be adapted for concert ticket sales? I guess the bastard union of promoters and venue owners mitigate against that.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I may be there too, anchored just outside the venue in boston harbor.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
it's an outdoor shed thing...covered seats are maybe 8K, and lawn maybe 3-4K more? just a guess really. it's been a while since i've been there (neil young w/ soundgarden was the last show i saw there, easily 10 years or more ago).
10 years huh! Section 11 is the lawn. Or used to be the lawn until they added more seats giving them sections 9-15. I'm not sure if 9-15 is covered either. I don't think so.

Just checked, it's called "open air reserved seating"

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
I had a friend pick me up tickets via ticketmaster. After their incredible fees and the like I'm now paying almost $50 for the lawn...oh well. Still stoked on the show though. What'd you pay for section 11?

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I went to order tickets. $30 for the lawn. So I go to order, then theres a $7.55 per ticket "convenience charge" and a $6.00 "building facility" charge per ticket. What the heck is so convenient about the charge, and what is a "building facility" charge? Gas for the lawn mower?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I had a friend pick me up tickets via ticketmaster. After their incredible fees and the like I'm now paying almost $50 for the lawn...oh well. Still stoked on the show though. What'd you pay for section 11?
face value was $55, and after all the other bullsh1t charges i think they were closer to $70 or so.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
I just bought 3 tickets at that Ticketmaster b@stard operation yesterday. The cost was more than a fourth ticket for the price of the service charges/fees. I hate 'em and will only use them when there is no other choice.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I still haven't ordered tickets yet. I have a hard time clicking on a $90 charge for two lawn tickets. But man, do I REALLY want to see them in concert.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
face value was $55, and after all the other bullsh1t charges i think they were closer to $70 or so.
Buggery f*ck, it's getting like the airlines, the ticket is $100 but the charges are $400. I hope the gouging bastards responsible for this kind of thing get head cancer.:disgust1::disgust1::plthumbsdown:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm torn on if I want to see them. Their latest musical offerings have been somewhat of a disappointment.

I might drive up to Nashville to see sonic youth next friday if it hasn't sold out already.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I got four tickets during the presale for the Toronto show...lawns (by choice).
Already seen Radiohead upclose two times....it'll be nice to sit back and enjoy.