Quantcast

Raffle to benefit RhinofromWA - Rotec, FSA

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by Heidi
Freak - Can we send cards and stuff to the hospital?
Yes...

He is in Stevens Hospital in Edmonds, WA

Steven Hospital
21601 76th Avenue West
Edmonds, WA 98026
Kevin Dahlen Rm303

He should be in ICU for another 6 days minimum....says the doctors

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Originally posted by jimmydean
If I win anything, it will go eBay with the bennies going right back to the cause. Get well Rhino, not enough of us in the great North West to loose any now.
That is such a cool idea jimmydean:thumb:I just a couple of them off through paypal and your idea sounds like a good here too.I never win anything anyways but if by some chance i do.;) Plus i couldn't handle riding a frame that i got because of someone else's misfortune.Get well soon Rhino:thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
With this kind of response, I think we will at least make a good DH size dent in the tab.

When he gets better, we should do the same for the bar tab at his "return to bike" party :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have about $100 or more worth of stuff I will put up on my own if ridemonkey didn't want to set something up more formal. Or send it in if it 's organized.

Great idea though, we might have enough to fix his bike at this point too :)

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Kevin has been moved out of the ICU to the PCU (progressive care unit) which is better than being in ICU I guess...

Haven't heard anything else....He is no longer in room 303 though...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i won't get paid till thursday, i'll get myself a ticket then. wish i had the cash to do it now but i just don't :( hope he gets well and everything works out. he's a good guy and it sucks to see something like this happen to him.

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
I get my school loan sometime this week so i will pay off my maxed out visa and drop some cash in to his busted ass fund! Its amazing how many people are helping out!

ps, lets get this ebay sale dealy goin, im sure we all have some parts kickin around that might be useful for someone else????

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Hey everyone...here is a small update.

Saw Kevin yesterday, and the docs think his kidney is going to heal up just fine, so no loss there!!! Thank God...

They are still watching his spleen, but it seems to be getting better also. Kevin has been out of his bed, but since he has so many tubes in him, he can't walk around.

He is still on morphine, but he looks a lot better than when he was in ICU.

Kevin, Jessah(girlfriend) and his family would like to thank everyone for their efforts and contributions to this raffle.

Kevin's room in PCU is 321, but hopefully he won't be there much longer...

I'll keep everyone updated as I find out more..

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Kevin is out of PCU now and in a regular room. He still has tubes comming out all over the place and doesn't hold down much food but he looks a lot better than he did a few days ago. He wanted to say hi to everyone and that he feels better or as best he can for all thats broken inside of him. Good news, looks like he gets to keep the kidney and the splean now too! I droped off some DH movies for him to watch and he got all exited to have something better than day time tv and soaps to keep him entertained.
:monkey:

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Freak
Just got back from the hospital, and Kevin is in good spirits (probably because of all of the morphine in his body) but he has all kinds of IV's and tubes all over him.

They are closely watching his spleen and kidney, as they might have to take his kidney out...

He will be in ICU for a whole week, so I'm sure flowers or cards or something will help cheer him up. He's really stressed about the bills that he will soon be receiving, so lets try to keep him cheered up and calm...

He is in room 303 at Stevens Hospital

More details later

I will continue to put updates in this thread.

I hope he's not worrying about his bills right now. He should be concentrating on healing first!
Also, he should check w/the hospital regarding the billing. Even tho I had insurance when I had my mishap, I was still thousands of dollars in the hole (that's an 80/20 split,too!). When I called the billing dept., she asked me how I wanted to arrange payments. I made some kind of comment on how I would love to, but I have no income. She then told me about this "charity" thing they had at the hospital. She sent me the forms, I proved I was ignorant, I mean, indigant, and they took my bills as a loss. In the letter I recieved, they just asked me, if at a later time, I'm doing well, to send them an occassional check.
I hope something good like this happens for a good person like Kevin.
Kevin, keep your thoughts on healing, then tackle the $$$ issues.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
:eek:

when did this happen? i never saw this thread. I know how he feels, I had my spleen removed just over a month ago from a dirt jumping crash. recovery has been really slow im just barely starting to be able to walk to classes again but as of right now i am failing every class that I am in because i have missed so much school. :(

I hope hes getting better, give him my regards. I wish there was a way for me to help out but I am a poor college student right now. Ill see if i can scrounge up some money. He is going to need it if he gets some of the same bills i had :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by narlus
just sent off $ for 2 tickets to the rhinofund.

get better man!
ditto. heal up, and don't get too cozy with the morphine :eek:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Just got back from seeing Kevin again at the hospital. Took him 4 bike videos for him to watch.

Kevin is doing a lot better!!! He looks 10x's better also. He is more alert, and doesn't look like he is crazy drugged.

The doctors told him that he might be able to leave the hospital this coming friday, but even so, he can't do anything at home either. Just sit around and heal up!!

Big applause goes out to Jessah (Kevin's girlfriend). She has been there for Kevin almost 24/7. Tomorrow is Jessah's B-day, so I just wanted to wish her a happy B-day and thanks for being there for Kevin!!

We also took Jessah a early B-day cake!!

More later

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
I am using my parents neighbors old computer with dial up to check my
emial everyonce in awhile.

I am at my parent s until atleast Thanksgiving and under strict
orders from the doc not to leave the house unless to walk (slowly)

Just incase everyone needs an update.....

Internal bleeding
4 bags of blood they put in me after draining it out of my chest
cavity
Severely damaged Sleen and Kidney....they decided not to remove
them.....but I am on the no bouncy rule from a loooooong time.
Rotator cuff tore to ****. Will go see about fixing it after
internal organs stablize

10 days in the hospital
No insurance
One f'd over Rhino

I am working with the state to have them pick up much of the hospital
bills....I just love jumping through hoops, but I will jump thru any
hoops they want if they can pay for even a portion of my $35,000 w/o
doctor charges.....estimating $50,000 plus.

I am working on it.

Luv you all,

Kevin

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Freak
I am using my parents neighbors old computer with dial up to check my
emial everyonce in awhile.

I am at my parent s until atleast Thanksgiving and under strict
orders from the doc not to leave the house unless to walk (slowly)

Just incase everyone needs an update.....

Internal bleeding
4 bags of blood they put in me after draining it out of my chest
cavity
Severely damaged Sleen and Kidney....they decided not to remove
them.....but I am on the no bouncy rule from a loooooong time.
Rotator cuff tore to ****. Will go see about fixing it after
internal organs stablize

10 days in the hospital
No insurance
One f'd over Rhino

I am working with the state to have them pick up much of the hospital
bills....I just love jumping through hoops, but I will jump thru any
hoops they want if they can pay for even a portion of my $35,000 w/o
doctor charges.....estimating $50,000 plus.

I am working on it.

Luv you all,

Kevin
Oh yeah I forgot.....atleast on e broken rib and a separated/torn AC joint.....appperantly it is where the collar bone conects to the shoulder blade......so my left arm is dead until it gets fixed.

I will try to thank eveyone with personal emails at a later date.....it may take me a while.

I would especially like to thank Freak and RM for organizing and facilitating this. Sully at GRC/Rotec NW and FSA (Tom and the rest of the guys) aswell as the pepole who have jum,ped in on the second raffle.

It is almost to much to comprehend.....the support I have received thru you all. I am healling....slower than I would like but probably as fast as can be expected. All you kind thoughts have been read.......well atleast in the raffle threads......I am working on the RM catch up from being away for 20 days. I won't be around a lot but I will try and check in from time to time. Until I get the OK to atleast leave the house.

Oh, and I blame all my spelling and gramatical errors on the drugs and tore up shoulder. ;)

You guys are the greatest.

Bruised, broken and scabbing over,

Rhino/Kevin
:monkey:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Holy crap, just seen this thread! Wish I could contribute but I've just moved house and have no job at the moment, and I'm serious $$$ in debt.

Get well soon Kevin!

- seb

PS things like this remind me how lucky we are to have the NHS in this country!

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
man, it's times like this after hearing of the health money thing in the states, I'm stoked to live in NZ, rock on ACC, pay it all baby, pay it all, and in wellington at least, free ambulances and airlifts as well

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
How can I donate a couple of t-shirts or sweatshirts for maybe a third prize in the raffle?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by shock
How can I donate a couple of t-shirts or sweatshirts for maybe a third prize in the raffle?
I appreciate the offer, but we are going to be wrapping this up soon.

Drawing will be the 15th of December - last chance to get some tickets people!