Quantcast

Rain in Phoenix.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Why is it whenever rain, or other inclement weather, that the average motorist becomes a knee jerk reacting blue haired little old lady behind the wheel of their cars?

Its been raining here in Phoenix since last night, pretty much all day. I was thankful that I didn't have to go out today, working at home has some advantages. However, this is madness now. Went out to get tape and wrapping paper, saw no less than six accidents, and everyone was driving like a grandpa with a load in his shorts.

Only time I've seen worse was when I lived in South Carolina. Ice storm came through, and it was retarded white trash on ice. Ended up killing a few people that day when we saw a car carrier collide with a mini-van, and then the car on top fell off, crushed the remaining people in the car.

Not sure what causes this, but its just weather. Don't lock the brakes, don't over-correct, don't drive at full speed into corners, and remember that its going to take longer to stop. Other than that, its pretty intuitive.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
comparing a ice storm in south carolina to rain in arizona.......

how often have people in south carolina driven on ice?

how often have people in arizona driven in rain?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Problem with Arizona is that most that live there are imports to the area and all bring a different driving style to the area.

Sadly Dirt is spot on with his comparison...... People really dont know how to drive in Phoenix... add weather and they just go retarded

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I never did figure that out about people in Seattle, or Eugene for that matter. The rain was a constant from October to June, you think you'd get it dialed in. And yet somehow no one could drive when water fell from the sky.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Somehow someone flipped their car on my street today. Still working on the "how" part of it.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
25. Not sure how they managed it. But its a Geo on its roof. Saw it on my run.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Its amusing and frightening at the same time.
Lived here 15 years now and it never fails how poorly people drive here when its dry...let alone bad weather.

Just got back from Chandler...saw some crazy driving.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm hiding here at the house for the night. Screw these drivers. Did find some mud holes to play in though.

Oct 17, 2011
Burp
wait, what?
Ha!

I ran a couple errands in the light drizzle tonight with my little roadster's top down. Things were cool (the 51 was pretty dry at 7) until I hit the 10. Nine cop cars on the right side for a cleared two car crash. Everyone had slowed to 20ish and moved left. I buzzed past and took the 7th st exit at the speed limit (65).

Fun as hell.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Yea, I did this thing called running. I like running in the rain. Exercise and a shower all at once. Double task that right there bitches.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I lived in the Seattle area for about 15 years and never noted any widespread inability to drive in the rain... however I was one rear-ended while stopped at a red light during a particularly heavy downpour that last nearly 5 minutes - the police reported visibility at less than 50 feet and didn't cite the driver. I agreed.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I used to live over in the Green Lake area. Between the guy running me over on my bike in the rain, to the retard trying to drive into my truck's underside, again in the rain, I can not say I am super impressed with the average Seattle-ite's ability to drive in a drizzle.