Quantcast

Rain on Friday?

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
lets do this again the following weekend. big bikes for sure. i was going to go to northstar, but with the prediction of snow being 80%, winds being 70mph gusts at the top, and my exp last yr with snow at northstar i decided to hold off and am venturing down to santa barbara to see someone.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm still thinking big-bikes at this time. But don't get pissed if I change my mind. That wreck at Northstar left me, well, WRECKED. I may not be able to push up/ride up to the top of the hill on my slightly-small, very heavy big bike.

But my plan, at this time, is still to mob the big bike

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm in for buying some lumber (but I'm broke, so don't expect much) and doing some trail maintenance out at UC. Those trails seriously need it, so it's about time I think.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, campers is in great shape. I think the magic/sweetness side needs the most work.

As for riding? Up Uconn (shutters) and then down some sweet sweet hills. Mmmm big bike action.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Up u conn on big bikes?!?!Tu es loco en la cabaza soy capitan?!I will be pushing thank u very much, haha.Maybe I should leave early and meet you at the top ,lol.
I am into that... Text me tonight and we can work it out. hahahaha

For now, I have some business to take care of in the uhhh... beer department.

:beerjam:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
mmmmmmmm.... the beer department. Although I have a feeling that Kelly and friends are going to be hammered by the time I get home and I'm going to be the DDbyD (designated driver by default) to Northstar tonight.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
mmmmmmmm.... the beer department. Although I have a feeling that Kelly and friends are going to be hammered by the time I get home and I'm going to be the DDbyD (designated driver by default) to Northstar tonight.

Damn. shes just getting you back from the last time you went up there when she was DDbyD.

:pirate2:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
See you guys at Rincon at 8:30. If you're not there, we'll assume that you're somewhere along the fireroad up top and we can meet at the water tanks from there, and see if we just want to drop straight into Chupa/DC, or ride up to the hammered trails further north.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, I have an interested buyer for the bike. Problem is, is that I'm looking online at all the new models coming out this year... Even things like the basic Specialized Demo is $3,900. I mean, holy crap dude. It's pricey stuff out there right now!

So, I may hang onto it after all. We'll see. There's no way I'll be able to get a similar bike, with my build, for the same price I'd be selling my 7point for. And I was aware of that. But I didn't think prices on bikes went up THAT much. It's insanity.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Mike, why do you want to sell ur bike ,seems like you just got it set up the way you wanted it?I was thinking of sellin my DH this time last year but like you once I saw the price for a good build it was like5k so I said f it and just got the 888s ,tires a few other goodies and that bike is the champ again.Im going to get some new crank arms and switch to Sram drivetrain this winter.Any who good ride today even though we didnt really ride .Next week fo sho.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Yeah. The kid came and looked at my bike and I started to get sad. With that said, I sent an email to Transition Bikes on Saturday in the hopes that they have a 20mm and a 150mm wheel setup for me to buy, because I blew ANOTHER spoke on my rear wheel on my bike bike. I need new wheels STAT.

Plus, that's really the last thing I need for that bike. Since I'm keeping it, I may upgrade the green bike a little bit instead. Possible new fork, possibly Thomson stem/post. We'll see.

-Mike