Quantcast

(.) Rain, someday (.)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Slept good. It's a shitty weather day. I'll ride the KICKR at some point. We need to hit Costco today. Exciting!! Maybe REI too because I need some shorts and we've got a dividend to burn.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Saw that yesterday, that's something.

I wonder, could rain water be used to help form a trail and then later be diverted? Could make finding bedrock a little faster :brows:
Or to transform brown sidewalks into actual MTB trails. You got something there. :homer:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Another car ride with child, only this time featuring dramamine. Will there be vomit? Who knows!

Will also be doing inside projects later, likely more mudding. Wife asked yesterday if I was going overboard, which is a yes, but also it's a lot of work mudding 500 sqft of room with a multitude of angles and corners by yourself, especially when 80% of that is existing walls that are poorly done.

At least my FIL left me his Festool Planex for the sanding portion.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. More study. Probably go karting late this afternoon because I will need a mental break at some point.

I somehow managed to get mildly sunburned yesterday, despite sitting under the umbrella all day yesterday. Oh well. I shall do it again today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's race day, so that's always good. Other than continued isolation, not much else going on.

Fireworks in the hood started last night so we tried the meds for Abbey. She didn't want to get out of bed, even for breakfast. It was also the slowest walkies on record. See how long it takes her to recover. It was 4.5 pills, 3 of them capsules. It took a whole string cheese to hide them, but she loves cheese, so it was a non issue.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bacon, eggs and espresso in the camper this fine morning. Watched a Kestrel harrass a Red Shouldered Hawk at twilight. the flew right past me 15 to 2 overhead. so cool.

I'm prepared for lot of heat related fun here at the horse show today. Temps are going to be near 100. I have 30 pounds of ice, 20 gatoraids, and full med gear ready to go. plus I have a garden hose with the nozzle on mist for emergency cooling

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Neighbor's tiki/pool/bbq party yesterday. Kids swam a ton, I drank a bunch of rum drinks. Was a really good time, and was walking distance.

Oatmeal and espresso, then a road ride, then some garden stuff before the rain.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

Japanese bakery run (via car—still only Pelotoning lightly at this point with the knee) in an hour or two. otherwise I see more Peloton, snuggling with kids, Skyrim time in my future today. already got 50 min of morning snuggles from my snuggly-as-ever middle kid.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's race day, so that's always good. Other than continued isolation, not much else going on.

Fireworks in the hood started last night so we tried the meds for Abbey. She didn't want to get out of bed, even for breakfast. It was also the slowest walkies on record. See how long it takes her to recover. It was 4.5 pills, 3 of them capsules. It took a whole string cheese to hide them, but she loves cheese, so it was a non issue.
as silly as it sounds, we bought ear protection for our fireworks-sensitive dog. She doesn’t seem to mind them and they seem to work pretty well. There were some fireworks last night and she didn’t even flinch. Usually she’s a total fucking mess.

Time for a ride now. Took the old dog for a few laps on the home track. Off to the hills with the fast dog…

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Up at 3am and awake for an hour and a half because I’m neurotic like that. Blocks for the pool are in the ground, taking a break before getting the pump set up.

If all goes well, we *should* have a usable pool by tomorrow. Maybe I’ll call in sick and drink beer in the pool all day.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Might get in a lake somewhere.
Went for a walk in our woods and picked raspberries. Have enough for a pie. Mmmm pie.
Sold a nice big hard maple slab today. Almost have the funds saved for the Grizzly planer I’ve been lusting for.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hot. As. Fuck. outside today. Humid as well (wtf is that shit?!). Still sitting on the deck.

Talked with my parents who are moving houses in TX and they were complaining about physically hard it's been. I asked if it had anything to do with the fact that it's 100* and 100% humidity, but the not surprising response was "No. It's just our age." Because if it was the weather, they'd have to acknowledge that TX is having one of their worse heat waves ever...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Did a quick trail ride today with the family. Beautiful scenery, but it was probably the rootiest trail I’ve ever ridden. Ever.

This section was pretty fun…

FullSizeRender.jpeg

…and who doesn’t like a stairway to nowhere?

IMG_5884.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Two riders treated for heat exhaustion before noon . It's up to 95F in the shade
Wifey tells me we should plan for 60-70* in 3 weeks when we are in Pajaro Dunes for a family reunion. I keep telling her that she's thinking about the Monterey Bay of 30yrs ago... She's not listening to me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey tells me we should plan for 60-70* in 3 weeks when we are in Pajaro Dunes for a family reunion. I keep telling her that she's thinking about the Monterey Bay of 30yrs ago... She's not listening to me.
She’s right. Coast still is temperate and 70 sounds just about correct. It’s the inland empire that’s roasting.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hot. As. Fuck. outside today. Humid as well (wtf is that shit?!). Still sitting on the deck.

Talked with my parents who are moving houses in TX and they were complaining about physically hard it's been. I asked if it had anything to do with the fact that it's 100* and 100% humidity, but the not surprising response was "No. It's just our age." Because if it was the weather, they'd have to acknowledge that TX is having one of their worse heat waves ever...
As my buddy that lives in Texas wisely puts it: "Fuck Texas."

Weather up in the foothills was very nice, as was the ride with @rideit, Mrs. @rideit, and the wifee.

Then we went for delicious tacos. But I had a torta, 'cause I've been saying for years I should get a torta.

But that was a mistake. Now I have to decide do I want a delicious torta or delicious tacos? :disgust:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Weather up in the foothills was very nice, as was the ride with @rideit, Mrs. @rideit, and the wifee.

Then we went for delicious tacos. But I had a torta, 'cause I've been saying for years I should get a torta.

But that was a mistake. Now I have to decide do I want a delicious torta or delicious tacos? :disgust:
Guy goes for tacos, doesn't get tacos and yet still requires tacos.

This is why we have the :homer: emoticon.

:busted:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Weather at 10k was very nice :p

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Raining just a bit now, but too tired to go out and help friend brushing a local trail. Planning to help rake it tomorrow. Good day to work on bikes.