Quantcast

Rain sucks!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
:disgust1:

Other than digging, what are you all going to be doing to keep you occupied on a rainy day?

Beer and nintendo are starting to sound kinda fun...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
well, tomorrow i'm going to be extreme-o and try and ride, we'll see how that goes though. i'm depressed though, the only reason i had left to like california was that it isn't rainy too often, then we get a full week of nonstop rain.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Today is work from 8-5, with a side of work from 5-10. Then a party from 10:15-10:45. Then the main course of the day: RAMBO at 11:10pm.

Tomorrow is working out with a side of cardio, and a desert of an 8 hour inventory shift at the bike shop from 4pm-midnight.

Sunday is a full blown day of work from 9-5. Then back to my Monday-Friday again.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow Mike you are nuts man. Really working for that ring I see.

Tonight - Work out then beer & Guitar Hero III

Tomorrow - Guitar Hero III some more. Maybe some morning beer. Lunch. Then off to get my shoulder piece finished! Score. Dinner with some of my girl's friends from work.

Sunday - Beer, hang out with some friends at my place and probably some more Guitar Hero III.

Any of you guys play it on 360? Possibly have xbox live too? =]

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Only have a wii now - I've been trying to cut down on my video game addiction :)

Our other roomate just got guitar hero for wii... !)*&@! it's freakin hard(or I'm an uncoordinated goober).

mmmm... beer....

Mike- that's a pretty hardcore schedule! See what happens when you don't drink?? :D

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
haha it is pretty hard.

We should all get together sometime and enjoy the awesomeness of beer and have all of our girlfriends meet and play.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Wow Mike esta da work aholic!Im proly just goin to clean and tune all the bikes on saturday,maybe go up to my buddys ranch and play in the snow if there is any left.And sunday will be sunday gunday funday at the range!And maybe Rambo later if we can find a sitter for the little squirt.Hmmm ,maybe I should see Rambo first to get all pumped for the range!Haha.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
haha it is pretty hard.

We should all get together sometime and enjoy the awesomeness of beer and have all of our girlfriends meet and play.
Ha funny that you say that Josh, my girl asked me last nite what i was goin to be doin since i wont be riding,when i said nothing big, she said I should have everyone over so she could meet you all.Maybe on the next big rain day I will pull the cars out of the car hole and we can mess with the bikes and drink beer!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
well, tomorrow i'm going to be extreme-o and try and ride, we'll see how that goes though. i'm depressed though, the only reason i had left to like california was that it isn't rainy too often, then we get a full week of nonstop rain.
Dude.

We get like 11 1/2 months of nearly perfect riding weather. Suck. It. Up.

(Sorry, this weather makes me cranky. :D )

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Ha funny that you say that Josh, my girl asked me last nite what i was goin to be doin since i wont be riding,when i said nothing big, she said I should have everyone over so she could meet you all.Maybe on the next big rain day I will pull the cars out of the car hole and we can mess with the bikes and drink beer!
That sounds pretty fun. Kelly was saying the same thing. I'd have to practice my virtual guitar strumming skills though. :rockout:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
oops, i forgot the sarcastic smiley at the end of my comment, haha. i can't complain about the weather here at all really, the constant storms are just wearing on me...sounds like there'll be some serious trail work needed after this beast, i heard 6 inches of rain just today in the santa cruz mountains.

*edit, just checked snow reports, kirkwood was reppin' 3 feet from the last storm, it sounds like we'll be getting about that if not more just today and tomorrow.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Have they let the water back in Lexington yet? it was dark when I drove by today.

Looks like little sliding has began in various places, hope 17 stays open this weekend o/w my plans next week are screwed.
Yeah they have been letting water back in. I have been up there a few times this week on my bike and its getting filled up again.

There was for sure the start of a few good slides on 17. Hope it doesn't get too bad.

I want to go riding. Enough already with the rain.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
parking garage sessions.
Last year I was itching to ride, I drove over to the BART parking lot and did a few elevator shuttles. That and worked on the street tricks. The parking garage race in WC last year was lots of fun.

but for now... Wii will fill mii spare time. Bought a zapper and medal of honor 2, but haven't touched it since my buddy lent me Res. Evil 4.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I have just been riding the Los Gatos Creek trail up there and back. Its about 6.8 miles round trip. But its a good cx ride for sure, normally takes me 25-30 min. Anyone game to join me? Anyone seen me out there? I'm on a pea green Surly Cross-Check.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
A parking garage race sounds awesome. We had one last year during a rainy weekend that was going great until one of my friends tried to pedal through a corner on his commuter hybrid bike thingy. Sure the wheels are bigger, but it turns out that the cranks are longer also.

According to the extended forecast, it's supposed to rain next weekend too :twitch::rant::bonk::banghead::huh::panic::rant: :disgust1:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i went for a ride today, it felt awesome to get out again, the joaquin miller trails were in alright shape except for a few trees and debris. this rain really needs to stop, this week will suck because everything will start drying up again and then the weekend will ruin the progress. aaaaaaagh i want to be able to ride pacifica again soon.

Bevis

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Norcal
Rockville was good last weekend. And, yesterday Pleasanton ridge was pretty much all ridable.
My freehub body/chain needs to be replaced about now.
Looks like this rain is going to stick around a while...:twitch:.oO happy place, D-vill, plenty of water in the river, etc etc

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Man, I was lucky today on my lunch ride. Right as I opened the door to the office after my ride it started pouring. It was nice and sunny for 90% of my ride. =]

Bummer this weekend looks like its out.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Yea im with you Brian, just when it seems like Im getting in shape and becoming a better rider this weather hits and I lose it all.Maybe a ride at planet ord soon, I know that place holds up pretty good to the rain.