Quantcast

$%^Rainy Day Wednesday GMT^%$

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

It's raining, and I have to be in the field. A bad day in the field is better than a good day in the office. Going to monitor some geotechnical drilling. This is the drilling they do to determine the subsurface conditions, and what need to be done to the ground to support the proposed building. Normally we don't monitor this kind of stuff, but the drilling is outside a data center and some geek is worried about vibrations affecting their servers.

Be safe out there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Finally got the diagnosis. "Complex disk herniation" at L4-5 with "cranial extension"... and the extension is apparently "sequestered".

Which in layman's terms means I fuskered up my back but good and will need to go under the knife.

Damned Scout Camp...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

More of the same today. Lots of emails/phone calls for people looking to hire my skillz. I am really digging this local shop. Spent a better part of the day yesterday checking out the corp site and the CEO has a pretty good blog.

One blog entry I found most interesting was "The Gamut". A full breakdown of their interview process and what they look for in a candidate. The last line was good.
So when we meet, you’ll understand what we try to know about you.
Makes me wonder how many people they interview that have no idea this information was there for them. I'm going to come off looking like a stalker. :rofl:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Finally got the diagnosis. "Complex disk herniation" at L4-5 with "cranial extension"... and the extension is apparently "sequestered".

Which in layman's terms means I fuskered up my back but good and will need to go under the knife.

Damned Scout Camp...
You're supposed to let them do all the work, Sandusky.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
it's a national holiday so I overslept and my bike plans went to ****. Still no idea why my road tubes don't hold air over 4 bar.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Heh - I was out on the lake for "swamp day" in a kayak dumping kids out of canoes. Pretty sure that's what did it.

Nice work on the "Sandusky"... :D
I hear you....a couple weeks ago I had my friend's 2 sons over the house after a bike race to hang out in the pool since it was really hot. They kept having me throw them in and I woke up the next day wondering why it felt like I slept with my shoulders in a vice. And I'm not even old like you. :rofl:

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
been exploring new to me trails last night since I moved south shore recently. Pleasantly suprised with what
I have found. I think I enjoy riding my bike again.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's been hot and miserable here. Feels like Florida. On the bright side, I'll be in Mammoth this weekend...although it probably won't be any cooler, but hopefully, less humid.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Damned Scout Camp...
since you can't post two videos in a post...part two...

for when you are medicated

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

Damned Scout Camp...
Duuuude. Sorry. That is no fun... do you know when/how long the recovery is yet?

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning!

Buffalo and I are on day 2 of juicing. He seems fine and dandy... I miss coffee!! But I guess if I can get the 16 year old caffiene addiction out of me, I might as well stick with that! Had a mini mini ride last night with Buffalo and the kiddo. It was nice to get some fresh air! The weather is awesome over here right now... and just getting awesomer (up to 95) by Friday! We only get a couple weeks like this--if that much--every year, so I am relishing every moment I can get out of this office.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Best bad idea last night I have ever had........ I really ant to punch myself in the face right now, because I actually deserve it, but at the same time it was something that was one hell of a long time coming.....

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Best bad idea last night I have ever had........ I really ant to punch myself in the face right now, because I actually deserve it, but at the same time it was something that was one hell of a long time coming.....
So.... you spoke with the ex?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So.... you spoke with the ex?
No, no I did not..... Email communication only.. that way it is documented.......

No I ended up getting involved with the girl she accused me of cheating with in the first place.... Although it never happened, it has now.......... I am kicking myself right now for many reasons..... Still someone needs to punch me, I deserve it

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
No, no I did not..... Email communication only.. that way it is documented.......

No I ended up getting involved with the girl she accused me of cheating with in the first place.... Although it never happened, it has now.......... I am kicking myself right now for many reasons..... Still someone needs to punch me, I deserve it
:bonk::oops:

...that's all I can do from here... try not to beat yourself up too much... what is done is done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Having a lazy day, got in a solid 6 hour ride yesterday so I am a bit shot. Taking a couple a newbs down to Mt St Helens for a ride tomorrow, should be interesting.