Quantcast

Ram it Down

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to love Moots Ti hardtails. But the the 29er scourge has given us swoopy top and down tubes. I gag every time I see one. Not so much because of the ugliness, but the loss of what once was so sweet.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I used to love Moots Ti hardtails. But the the 29er scourge has given us swoopy top and down tubes. I gag every time I see one. Not so much because of the ugliness, but the loss of what once was so sweet.

If I squint hard enough, it kind of looks like a trials bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pivot seems to make nice riding bikes. Local shop sells them like they are the modern day bike equivalent of a model T. I think they are ugly as fuck.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
pivots are the ultimate dentist's bike. all the hype, all of the acronyms, plenty of graphics.
To their credit, they seem to be strong as hell. Two of my friends are 220+ lb lean athletic types. They could never go more than a year before breaking a frame. Both have Pivot 429s. One has lasted 4 years, the other took 3 years before cracking a chainstay. I would consider getting one if they weren't so goddamn ugly.

Cool story: When the Pivot rep came to town one of my big friends took him out on some semi-legal local awesome steep rocky gnar type trails. Rep commented that it was really rough, no berms and he didn't really understand the point of the trail. Some Bro's can only flow.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pivots are the ultimate dentist's bike. all the hype, all of the acronyms, plenty of graphics.
i know a number of riders/racers that have ridden various iterations of pivot bikes (including the DH bike) who smash the hell out of them and they are the real deal.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Pivot seems to make nice riding bikes. Local shop sells them like they are the modern day bike equivalent of a model T. I think they are ugly as fuck.

Both Pivots Ive pedaled around (DH & trail bike) felt awful...admittedly they were a few years old but they felt atrocious..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Both Pivots Ive pedaled around (DH & trail bike) felt awful...admittedly they were a few years old but they felt atrocious..

As ugly as they are I have only heard good things from their owners, at least the shorter travel bikes. I am guessing it was not properly set-up for you.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
As ugly as they are I have only heard good things from their owners, at least the shorter travel bikes. I am guessing it was not properly set-up for you.
Super short top tube..especially the DH bike...my buddy whos bikes they are is the same height as me