Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Rex Grossman

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have many other options, but right now, Im cooking up 3 bags of preservative laden trans-fats. Damn I love me some Ramen.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Squirt in the sriracha hot sauce, a little hoisen sauce, maybe crack an egg into that pot-o-goodness and ya got yourself one sodium-rich treat I tell ya.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Whenever I eat ramen I get slightly depressed. It has a lot to do with when I was younger my mother telling me repeatedly that ramen is only something poor people eat. I don't know why she told me that, she ruined cheap food for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Real ramen. From the little shops in or under the train stations. With fresh gyoza.
There is this HUGE Asian grocery store with about 20 different brands of ramen that have no English on the packages. There are pictures of what flavor they are.

Pork, Chicken, Shrimp, Oriental in that order. All yummy.

We have ramen in the vending machine for $.40, what a rip (but it always sells out first).

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
There is this HUGE Asian grocery store with about 20 different brands of ramen that have no English on the packages. There are pictures of what flavor they are.

Pork, Chicken, Shrimp, Oriental in that order. All yummy.

We have ramen in the vending machine for $.40, what a rip (but it always sells out first).
AB means places where the owner makes the noodles by hand. A world away from instant ramen although instant is popular here too. Once you've had "real" ramen the instant type is a sad substitute. If you have a good Japanese restaurant nearby ask if they have "tonkotsu ramen" which is pork stock ramen.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
AB means places where the owner makes the noodles by hand. A world away from instant ramen although instant is popular here too. Once you've had "real" ramen the instant type is a sad substitute. If you have a good Japanese restaurant nearby ask if they have "tonkotsu ramen" which is pork stock ramen.
When I was in Guam, I saw my first ever ramen restaurant. It was awesome, you are right. But I don't think there are many places around here with it.

The instant stuff I buy at the Asian market is a considerable jump above "Cup O' Noodles", too.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Tonkatsu ramen?

Surely you jest.

Tonkatsu is a delicacy best fried in big vats:

http://www.austinbike.com/travel/japan/tonkatsu/

As soon as I hit tokyo I start looking for ways to get down to megura for some dinner :) :) :)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Tonkatsu ramen?

Surely you jest.

Tonkatsu is a delicacy best fried in big vats:

http://www.austinbike.com/travel/japan/tonkatsu/

As soon as I hit tokyo I start looking for ways to get down to megura for some dinner :) :) :)
No TonkOtsu (ton=pig, kotsu=bone) ramen, sometimes called Hakata ramen, specialty of Fukuoka (Kyushu). I did once have fried chicken ramen which was actually pretty good.
I like your site btw, always enjoy reading it.:thumb:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Why isn't there dead asian hooker flavored ramen?
I'd eat that like it was the last meal on earth.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
No TonkOtsu (ton=pig, kotsu=bone) ramen, sometimes called Hakata ramen, specialty of Fukuoka (Kyushu). I did once have fried chicken ramen which was actually pretty good.
I like your site btw, always enjoy reading it.:thumb:
Been there about a dozen times and never got outside of tokyo except one visit to toyota, about an hour out of the city by bullet train.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just had a package of chicken. It helps soothe an angry stomach which is what I am experiencing right now. :dead:

Chicken is the best because you can buy a box in Costco that costs like 89 cents for a 350 packs.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
please write on the black board 10000 times

I've never touched that sh*t.