Quantcast

Ramp Jump Help Tips

khan.cross

Chimp
Jan 12, 2009
Guys,

I am currently trying doing tricks like Superman, Seat Grab, Bar Hop and No Foot Can Cans.
But I am sometimes not sure if I am doing it right because it is very difficuilt for me to leave the bike in the air.
Therefore I need some advice from guys who all do these tricks.

What I do is I try to use my knees in the ramp and together with the momentum of the ramp jump high and away from the bike.
But it is not always possible to do so... I come down to my knees and than in the ramp straight the legs and come up.

Here is a small video hope you can see what I am doing right/wrong.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
i cant do any of those. but the video doesnt look too bad. looks like u might just need to work on pulling the bike back under you

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stop doing them into a foam pit.
don't let go of your bike.
put your feet back on the pedals.

work on no footers first, learn them by jumping out of a flyout type jump. you don't have to be six feet off the ground to learn them.

khan.cross

Chimp
Jan 12, 2009
stop doing them into a foam pit.
don't let go of your bike.
put your feet back on the pedals.

work on no footers first, learn them by jumping out of a flyout type jump. you don't have to be six feet off the ground to learn them.
the foam pit is in fact a hint to complete tricks, this I already found out.
because you know that you will land smooth if you leave the bike, therefore you leave it :)
but on hard ground you know that if you crash it will hurt, thats why it is more difficuilt to leave the bike :)

but I have done already supermans, heelclickers and 360 landing it also in the pit, not ground yet.
no foot is no problem at all, but to do a no footed can can there is need to jump higher and away from the bike as a simple no footer.

but why i started this thread is, that I sometimes feel that I am something not doing right, for example the no foot can can. I do not just want to put both feets to the side, i want to fully extend my body too like this:

you see that this can can is different to a no footer as the hip is much higher as with a no footer. that is why i have problems getting my body away of the bike without loosing control.
advices please

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
every no footed trick starts with just popping your feet up, knees tucked into your chest, its the basis for any foot extention because instead of just flailing away with your legs your center of gravity is going to be even and you wont need to chuck your bike as often because your center of gravity is going to stay over your bike. just judging by the video it looks like you could work on that a little bit more, it looks like your popping off a little haggardly and definitely unevenly.

definitely some phat moves though keep it up