Quantcast

Rampage 2019

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
hipsters are FASHION drones, mainstreeam AF, have pretty much zero originality and aren't free thinking in the slightest. "Craft Beer anyone?" fuck off!
I don't "like old stuff" I just don't blindly chase after the latest newest bestest thing* like a lot of folk.

I'm genuinely struggling to work out conclusion of all those double negatives.

*Ok. maybe wimin is my exception here
I think the definition of hipster is super broad. Because it involves the people who start some trends and people who follow them. Imho people who imitate hipsters are different from hipsters similar to the first weave of them. When they maybe were different from others for the sake of it but some nice things resulted from it. Chasing after the new thing isn't bad if its done with reason. Chasing after fashion isn't hipstes it's just people who follow hipsters because they read about them in magazines. If you dress in forever 21, bannana republic and h&m you're hardly a hipster.

Also Godziek got Robbed

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The announcers and their attempts at humor via attempted British accents. It was so bad I'm embarassed for them.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You watched the same RAMPAGE we did with Andreau almost rodeoing off the side of a cliff to his death and just carrying on like it didn't happen and that's what you comment on?

Cam's an incredible commentator for Rampage and a pretty funny guy. He can be pretty funny when he does a British accent too. (CNot that I can remember him doing one lastnight).
Olly Wilkins' fake posh English accent is pretty funny too.

How funny is yours?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You watched the same RAMPAGE we did with Andreau almost rodeoing off the side of a cliff to his death and just carrying on like it didn't happen and that's what you comment on?

Cam's an incredible commentator for Rampage and a pretty funny guy. He can be pretty funny when he does a British accent too. (CNot that I can remember him doing one lastnight).
Olly Wilkins' fake posh English accent is pretty funny too.

How funny is yours?
I did not watch Rampage. Was working so I only caught a portion of it, and that was the portion where the commentators were carrying on around Brendog's run...

Carry on, nothing to see here.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
For all the whining, I have to say, this is the Rampage I enjoyed the most, and I was fully blown away by how awesome these riders are.

It used to be that Rampage was just a series of hucks (waaay back in the day). It was pretty cool to watch highlight clips once or twice, but then it got kinda boring. Then it progressed into doing tricks off said hucks. And again, it was neat to watch the highlights once or twice. But I guess I couldn't really relate to what they were doing.

But there was something about the massiveness, the talent, the nastiness of some of these lines (the chutes in particular), and the technicality of some of the moves (Brandon's backflip onto a lilly-pad with pretty much no time to set up for the next drop) was mind-bending. Maybe it's just because I've been watching the progression over time, but this time I felt like it was on another level.

Those riders are friggin amazing.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Overall what a great year for Rampage. Semenuk is without a doubt my favorite guy to watch ride, well deserved win on his part. Really glad nobody got seriously hurt, every year I am nervous for them.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Seriously. insane.
After rewatching a few runs, Fairclough's run was pretty gnarly too.
Yeah. Watching his POV gopro footage... The top half of his line looks way less groomed than anyone elses

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Personally haven't cared who wins rampage ever...
so long as I get to see jawdropping next level riding, terminator riders walking away from mental crashes and a shoulder buzzer and suicide from Strait I'm happy AF.

They should do away with the judges entirely and just let the competitors choose best full run and best trick.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah. Watching his POV gopro footage... The top half of his line looks way less groomed than anyone elses
Yeah wasn't tip-toeing along it either. Once a racer, always a racer. Him and Lacondeguy were rowdy and raw in between features which was great.