Quantcast

Rampage 2019

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
actually, i might let my son watch some of it with me. i let him stay up a little last Friday and he watched "return to earth" with me. he was stoked on the kids parts.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'll be watching it live with my 10yr old daughter. She loves Rampage and has done since she was a toddler.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"This year at Rampage we're riding for Jordie Lunn, who was just as much family to me as he was a friend. A one of a kind human who could change the mood of any room he walked into for the better. Forever Jordie Lunn... Forever Rough AF."—Tyler McCaul

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Quick question for the Monkeys in the know of that Utan location: isn't there a better season or a better start time (i.e. morning) to host Rampage there? The wind delays hit the riders every single year, even making some of them opt out of a second run. From the practice pics it seems this year won't be an exception.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
It is always gonna be windy there because....

YOU LIVE IN A DESERT!! UNDERSTAND THAT? YOU LIVE IN A F***ing DESERT!! NOTHING GROWS HERE! NOTHING’S GONNA GROW HERE! Come here, you see this? This is sand. You know what it’s gonna be 100 years from now? IT’S GONNA BE SAND!! YOU LIVE IN A F***ing DESERT! We have deserts in America, we just don’t LIVE in them, assholes!”

ABD7F7D9-2B44-4D1B-8612-B4A829777E75.jpeg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Logan Bignelli is giving Rheeder and Semenuk a run for their money in the "least personality" contest. WHERE'S WYN???

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I don't know it's time of year, I think it is the nature of those areas. Anytime I have been
Logan Bignelli is giving Rheeder and Semenuk a run for their money in the "least personality" contest. WHERE'S WYN???
Did anyone listen to the vital interview w/ him? He basically kept talking about how awesome he was and how he was in a better position now than the rest of the universe. Super annoying dude, I am probably think there are quite a few riders doing better than you bud...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I already told my son our luch this Friday wouldn't be accompanied by Captain Underpants as usual, but by the Rampage broadcast.
You're living dangerously... Captain Underpants is serious business around here!

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Optimum riding weather would be in late Nov-Dec, imo. Cooler temps, tackier dirt. But the chance of storms would be much higher which would interrupt the prep, practice and comp.

I’ve ridden there the week between Xmas and New Years a few times and it was primo. But I’ve also been snowed on there at that same time of year.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
nice.

on another note, how have the new meds been working out? i recall you were having some struggles adjusting.
ADD meds started working. The performance isn't consistent but it's defo better. The guy who said Adderall is insulin for the brain was right (unless you snort it that is). No longer crashing after them which is nice because I don't go to my gym on low energy. Thanks for asking. My other meds kinda crashed today so I'm having a little panic attack but everything is getting better.

Also my GF wants to learn to ride pumptracks which is huge because she was super afraid of anything risky (yay good parenting...). Our city has a billion of them so this will be fun.

Going back to Rampage - I'm rooting for Godziek like every year. His progression has been amazing. I remember 10 years ago he didn't even want to take a FS bike to a slopestyle comp. Also he's a great guy and has a great brother. Would be cool to have them one day win 2 big comps in the same year (though David is winning big BMX events)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so anyone else feel that this years first time competitors are at a slight disadvantage because they have to basically start from scratch with their lines, whereas competitors from last year are reusing parts of their lines from last year (for the most part)?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
so anyone else feel that this years first time competitors are at a slight disadvantage because they have to basically start from scratch with their lines, whereas competitors from last year are reusing parts of their lines from last year (for the most part)?
Wasn't this the case with the previous venue too?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah it was exactly the same. New dudes are at a huge disadvantage...It sounds like some of the guys are letting the new guys in on their lines in sections which is the cool thing to do IMO. I can't wait for finals tomorrow, I think I mentioned I was there last year but really wish I had waited to go this year when everything was perfected in the zone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah it was exactly the same. New dudes are at a huge disadvantage...It sounds like some of the guys are letting the new guys in on their lines in sections which is the cool thing to do IMO. I can't wait for finals tomorrow, I think I mentioned I was there last year but really wish I had waited to go this year when everything was perfected in the zone.
yea, it's definitely cool that riders are sharing lines to help out the new guys. i wonder if its been discussed to allow the first timers to have an extra dig day.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I don't know it's time of year, I think it is the nature of those areas. Anytime I have been

Did anyone listen to the vital interview w/ him? He basically kept talking about how awesome he was and how he was in a better position now than the rest of the universe. Super annoying dude, I am probably think there are quite a few riders doing better than you bud...
This. Actually really akward story. He threw it all away by not taking any advice and tried to whitewash it.

Last edited: