Quantcast

Rampage 2019

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
couple weeks out. several riders have already backed out due to injuries from training. First Atherton, now Antoine Bizet is out.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
That would be pretty cool. I don't expect that there are going to be any women throwing down Zink or Semenuk level runs, but it seems to me like there are several top level women who are capable of riding the stuff now and it would be cool to see them have a venue and chance to compete. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes, can only be good for the progression of the women's side of the sport.

Hope to see a women's rampage!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Carson will probably win this year. I was there last year and if he can clean up that line and nail that 3 drop I bet he's the dude.

Rent Breeder will prob try to do the same run as last year...

All that said, I would love to see Semenuk win...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That would be pretty cool. I don't expect that there are going to be any women throwing down Zink or Semenuk level runs, but it seems to me like there are several top level women who are capable of riding the stuff now and it would be cool to see them have a venue and chance to compete. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes, can only be good for the progression of the women's side of the sport.

Hope to see a women's rampage!
I seem to remember one year when they tried that with Joyride at Crankworx. I also seem to recall it wasn't repeated. Kudos to them for trying, and I hope history (herstory?) doesn't repeat itself, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I seem to remember one year when they tried that with Joyride at Crankworx. I also seem to recall it wasn't repeated. Kudos to them for trying, and I hope history (herstory?) doesn't repeat itself, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I was there, it was a pretty big flop.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
You know what would work along these lines? An E-bike Ghost Ride competition. Especially if fire was also part of the equation. I might actually pay to see that.
If they held it in July, an e bike fire would probably happen anyway, no extra work necessary #lunacycles

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
You're not wrong. But there are two things going in this events favor of being better. First, the progression of women in the sport then wasn't as high as it is now, and second, just riding the slopestyle course at crankworx isn't that impressive, its the tricks that go with it. Riding the Rampage course is impressive in and of itself, and significantly more exciting to watch even when people aren't throwing huge tricks. I think this venue has potential to be more successful. Obviously the men's will still be the big event, but I'd watch the women's too.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Man or woman, this picture is cool as fuck. What a boss.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Forgot that finals are on Friday.

Will definitely have to turn off the internetz at lunch to avoid any spoilers (and hope that there is replay available by night time).

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Couple of decent videos from a Rampage preparation POV

Tmac

Deaks. Olly, Fairclaw and some other dudes