Quantcast

Rampage 2021

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rheeder currently on crutches, status TBD.

Brendog out, still recovering from Lenzerheide

Brage, contemplating whether or not to build a trail, or spend the build days secretly constructing a viking ship to annihilate everything in its path on the way down the mountain

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Man do I love Brage, did you see his most recent long format vid from his x-games build?

My money is on Semenuk like it always is since I am such a fanboy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Man do I love Brage, did you see his most recent long format vid from his x-games build?

My money is on Semenuk like it always is since I am such a fanboy.
you know it. i cannot wait to see what brage does at rampage.

this year's rampage is at a new venue/location again. i think that's one thing that may not necessarily work in semenuks favor, given how refined his lines tend to be. just not sure if he'd be able to pull off what he's capable of.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I want the Viking at rampage . His attitude is so badass and his good nature and his love of riding shows...I don't think he can win but I guarantee he brings some excitement...
He's super badass but not a 1 run type rider...he does shit that's not supposed to be possible and his dedication till he gets it makes him great for video and ride edits....

Either way he's a badass dude.. I would love to ride with him. You'd get better just because he believes in the moment...it's infectious

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
From teh PB, obviously slightly outdated with the recent news:

Pre-Qualified Athletes:
Brendan Fairclough GBR
Szymon Godziek POL
Tyler McCaul USA
Ethan Nell USA
Brett Rheeder CAN
Brandon Semenuk CAN
Carson Storch USA
Kyle Strait USA
Vincent Tupin FRA
Tom Van Steenbergen CAN

Wildcard Invites:
Andreu Lacondeguy ES-CT
Jaxson Riddle USA
Kurt Sorge CAN
Brage Vestavik NOR
Cam Zink USA

Alternates:
Thomas Genon BEL
Emil Johansson SWE
Reed Boggs USA
DJ Brandt USA
Antoine Bizet FRA

Still curious how Kurt Sorge is a wildcard, based on his previous results?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I'll be rooting for Andreu as always. To me he encompasses everything a good Rampage run should have: aggressive/attack stance, exposure and air. Although Sorge and Zink can't be ruled out.

Brandon seems to have a problem with frustration, if any move doesn't go 10/10 on his own view he would just throw the whole run out and call the day off.

Brage will be a very welcomed addition. His attitude and skills are as badass as they could be.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
i'd agree with this. he seems to have an all or nothing mentality, a bit of a perfectionist if you will.
Isn't that part of why he's largely stepped away from comps in favor of video edits? I'm surprised he bothers with Rampage at this point, but maybe the chance for creativity and progression still draw him in.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
If it rains this weekend Paris-Roubaix will be the real rampage.

...I'll see myself out.

(But seriously the many gravel, CX and road cycling Instagram meme pages are aolid gold)

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Isn't that part of why he's largely stepped away from comps in favor of video edits? I'm surprised he bothers with Rampage at this point, but maybe the chance for creativity and progression still draw him in.
I mean, he probably likes money. Rampage is big views.

Is it true that in the VHS/early DVD days the freeride guys had contracts that paid them based on seconds of video time on screen? I heard that once.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea, I'd say that it's the only comp he can build his own line is part of it. Also probably trying to keep his sponsor happy.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
He's also usually involved in the Crankworx Joyride course design/build. But I agree with @jonKranked , Rampage has probably a significant financial incentive for Brandon. It's the OG Red Bull competition after all.