Quantcast

Rampage! Live Thread. Dudes hucking themselves everywhere.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
True that. Not that his run before or after the 360 was lacking or awe inspiring, but the 360 on the Icon drop nailed it. Fully deserving of the win. Bearclaw's run was full gnar and Gee's run was crazy fast and smooth. Not a single rider in the finals that wasn't an absolute shredder.
I think the fact that he ate $hit on the first attempt and tried it again also played a small part.

I watched the live feed, every time a rider lined up for the Icon Sender, I got nervous. I was SO stoked when Zink landed that 360.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
so, they had to have tons of footage, why hasn't any of it come up? I'm sick of seeing that 3 minute highlights real. I missed the live event, do they have any replays anywhere? anybody have any other videos?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
so, they had to have tons of footage, why hasn't any of it come up? I'm sick of seeing that 3 minute highlights real. I missed the live event, do they have any replays anywhere? anybody have any other videos?
From what I heard, Red Bull is controlling the footage. So you might not see anything but 3 minute vids until they release the DVD.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I just watched the live feed again tonight that I so awesomely recorded.

Looking back on it, Berrecloth, and Gullevich both should have also scored higher than Gee. Maybe Lacondeguy too. Gee's run was sick as hell, unique to a degree, and completely ridden like a man. There was some other extremely well handled riding that fell by the wayside by some other folks though. Zink rode like a squirrel before and after that one trick but it was still so far beyond the pale, I don't see a problem with 1st place. That was one of the most ridiculous things ever done on a mountain bike. And it's still not like he rode a paved bike path before and after that.

After watching it twice now, the only real thing I can say for certain is...........judged events are shlt.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Gee made a ridiculously hard line look ridiculously easy... and at full speed

that's why he got 2nd, and that's why you all think he didn't deserve it.

respect

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Gee made a ridiculously hard line look ridiculously easy... and at full speed

that's why he got 2nd, and that's why you all think he didn't deserve it.

respect
And bearclaw's run was.......??????

Gee fvcking killed it. But so did a few other people.

Like I said: Judged contests are shlt. I could make a case for four guys getting second place......including gee. But that doesn't have to take away from the guy who did......cuz that line was sick.....and like a said before, he rode it like a man (that means the same thing you just said ;))

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
I think the reason why I mentally downgrade some of the other runs compared to Gee's is because the lines required the rider to come to nearly a complete stop at the top of a drop in (or the Oakley sender). It just looks naff to my eye and totally kills the flow of the run. But it's not really the riders fault...it's necessary due to the terrain. Anyway, that's why I liked Gee's line. Totally personal preference.