Quantcast

Rampage! Live Thread. Dudes hucking themselves everywhere.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
yeah, and is that Kelly McGarry on the Karpiel? After having dedicated so much resources to getting him that sweet bike, not only having it stolen, but then having him ride another company's bike, that's got to be hard for Corsair to swallow...
Nope. A kid from Cali who is sponsored by Karpiel. Wil White.

They have the same hair though :rofl:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Big lines being dug today. Wait till you guys see what is being thrown down. All the previous rampages will be put to shame. Even hiking up to the starts makes me want to take up knitting.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I dont think the riding of today can still be classified as pure hucking. These guys are going huge with style. Some hucks still in there but awesome to see guys ride such huge lines and still throw sick style. Hope they all finish safe. Reading the entry list is like the credits of the various movies I have, puts it into reality to see them compete.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The last guy who thought he coulld handle the Rampage on a hardtail was a mormon guy called Russ or Ross and was riding a Balfa.
He made it a few hundred yards down from the top and woke up in a hospital
True, maybe a hardtail wouldn't be good, but the guy being there would have been rad.

Same guy I posted.
He rides a HT now. Goes HUGE.
Thanks for posting the video- I was so impressed by this guy! I know he's getting bucked on a few of the things, but the fact that he goes for it and makes things like that frontflip drop work!?!? wow.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I dont think the riding of today can still be classified as pure hucking. These guys are going huge with style. Some hucks still in there but awesome to see guys ride such huge lines and still throw sick style.
I agree with that, and I think that just being able to ride down a lot of those lines take a lot of skill/balls. In fact one of my favorite things in "downhill" are the lines that make me think "I can't believe that's rideable!"

I'm super stoked that this event still exists.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Ok , not kelly mcgarry on a karpiel, some random local. Andreu is on a polished Kona, same as Aggy.
Yup, Wil White.
He's on a Disco Volante. Kid rides with Bender, goes huge.

Andreu and Aggy are on the Kona Operator, yeah?
Probably why it didn't look familiar.

Thanks for the pics!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
McGarry, Gully and one other all hit the O drop today. McGarry wadded hard, but walked away a bit battered but no worse for wear it seems. Gully hit it like butter.

They rebuilt the wooden run in, it was compressing suspension hard and everyone was a bit scared.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
friend of mine is there working for Red Bull...his name is Joe. His first experience with something like this. I'm sure he's enjoying himself.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
He's on a production Small size and 35.2lbs... Riding the stock 63º angle. Rampage was his second day on the bike after one dh session here in Barcelona, but I'm sure he will kill it... He always goes big!

We will start working soon on a very very special bike, this one is just too heavy ;)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
find it funny how 95% of the riders are from USA and CAN. I guess other countries dont produce huckers, just fast racers.

That's bc Racing is "the man" and here in the good ol U S of A we dont' stand for "the man" and all his silly rules.

Like:
Stay on the course :rant:
Don't smoke chiba :weee:
get to the start house on time :think:

The Euros come from a culture of Ski racing and regimented events. In the US we are all Wanna-Be X-Gamers out doing our own thing and bragging about it on the intraweb.
:shocked:

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
He's on a production Small size and 35.2lbs... Riding the stock 63º angle. Rampage was his second day on the bike after one dh session here in Barcelona, but I'm sure he will kill it... He always goes big!

We will start working soon on a very very special bike, this one is just too heavy ;)
Beautiful bike Cesar, quite a step up from his previous ride IMO...

Also nice to him riding a bike from his homeland!

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Any ideas as to how the qualifiers are doing yet for the invitees....
http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Rampage-Qualifying-Results,183

Rampage Qualifying Results
Sven texted over these brief results from Rampage Qualifying. These riders will go to the next round, while a list of riders are automatically qualified. Sven thinks he missed one rider, FYI.

(this is the order he texted, not positive if this list is based on score or position)
Logan Binggeli
Alex Pro
Chris Van Dine
Geoff Gulevich
Tyler McCaul
Greg Watts
Andreu Lacondeguy
Jamie Goldman
James Doerfling

INVITED RIDERS – OCTOBER 1ST QUALIFIER:
Andreu Lacondeguy ESP - qualified
Andrew Taylor USA