Quantcast

Rampage! Live Thread. Dudes hucking themselves everywhere.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kinda bummed about kinrade too.

Figures with semenuk though. With the return of the rampage, so revisits the rampage curse: every year's previous winner injured. I think strait is the only one it didn't happen to but that was kind of different.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
No $hit the guy ate it pretty hard. Kinda the jump you don't want to be casing:shocked:
You can see how hard the wind is blowing as he is dropping in.

They keep hinting that Zink is planning to 3 that thing, I hope they're joking...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Yeah, forgot he also rides for the goose.
Hard to tell some of these guys apart sometimes!

I have a few friends up there right now, one building and a few others spectating. Hopefully they capture some video/pics.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
3D for this specific case might not actually be a gimic.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
no, it still is. a very expensive one
It is personal preferance, not objective fact. I hate 3d because it makes for lazy choreography and cheesy efects in most cases. It ruins the cinema experiance for me but Id like to see a 3d movie from the rampage. It might put things into perspective much better than standard film.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
that hip gap romo tried has to be one of the hugest lines ever to be steezed so hard

Am I the only one who realizes he ate shlt because that lip sends you directly AT the landing and not ALONG the slope? Looks like they shaped a shlt ton of dirt for that thing......seems like they should have angled it more appropriately. Still sucks to see a previous 3rd placer get taken out. Romo is one of those guys who could win this thing.

It is personal preferance, not objective fact. I hate 3d because it makes for lazy choreography

[lisp] This is thimply what I love mothst about the rampage. Ze beautiful choreography. Thuch a wasthte to useth 3d and detract.[/lisp]

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
[lisp] This is thimply what I love mothst about the rampage. Ze beautiful choreography. Thuch a wasthte to useth 3d and detract.[/lisp]
I meant action scenes (ie like the old kung fu movies) not dance flicks ;) Though I understand how I may have sounded like an asshole, my movie friends bash me for talking like a biker and here I get the same for talking like a film snob :P

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Am I the only one who realizes he ate shlt because that lip sends you directly AT the landing and not ALONG the slope? Looks like they shaped a shlt ton of dirt for that thing......seems like they should have angled it more appropriately. Still sucks to see a previous 3rd placer get taken out. Romo is one of those guys who could win this thing.
I was wondering that too. Its like he landed at the bottom and got bucked. I was expecting him to hip and ride it out higher up, kind of like Matt Hunter's banger in Follow Me.

Someone else will hit it. Possibly Gee since they took a photo of him scoping it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Gee will hit it and make it look stupid easy. He is unreal with his abilities on a bike.
You understand what I'm saying though right? You see that pic with gee staring at it. You should NOT be able to see the entire landing slope. The fact that you can means you're jumping AT it and can't match the trajectory. It's definitely a smack the shlt out of it and hold on kind of feature. You can do that shlt in a skate park all day long but stuff starts to hurt when you've got to cover 40 ft to get there. :D That crazy wallride thing matt hunter did was a little different because he had to stick to the thing and he wasn't jumping down to it.

Gee's pretty good at picking the best lines at these events in the past. Ones he can haul ass on without breaking his ankles (usually). He's definitely one of the ones I'm most interested to see. His runs are all MTB all the way.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
You understand what I'm saying though right? You see that pic with gee staring at it. You should NOT be able to see the entire landing slope. The fact that you can means you're jumping AT it and can't match the trajectory. It's definitely a smack the shlt out of it and hold on kind of feature. You can do that shlt in a skate park all day long but stuff starts to hurt when you've got to cover 40 ft to get there. :D That crazy wallride thing matt hunter did was a little different because he had to stick to the thing and he wasn't jumping down to it.

Gee's pretty good at picking the best lines at these events in the past. Ones he can haul ass on without breaking his ankles (usually). He's definitely one of the ones I'm most interested to see. His runs are all MTB all the way.
check out the practice vid, tmac talks about how gee reworked the entry more to the right, they show it too.....

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I wish there were more "big mountain" events... there are so many shredding romo/vanderham type riders who can't really shine in current slopestyle type stuff.
Chatel comp is also pretty big. Too bad the Saalbach so called slopestyle go cancelled. It was slopestyle beta - big with less tricks ;)

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I wish there were more "big mountain" events... there are so many shredding romo/vanderham type riders who can't really shine in current slopestyle type stuff.
One of the problems is that they can't find another location like Virgin. They've tried.

I agree it would be nice to see more competitions that favor the "big mountain" style, but the logistics are tough. Rampage works on so many levels AND by having this one event, it becomes special.

Slopestyle is easier to televise, easier to setup, and you can really hold those events anywhere. That said, I prefer Rampage.