Quantcast

ramps for my shop

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
so after i get my 40x40 shop i want to put some ramps in.

i like this setup a lot with lots of variables for left and rights.

a little tight, but i like 5' height for the box, 4' seems a little small.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
after looksing at the spacing maybe i should just have
them like 3 bowls with no flat. or make the box like 6'.

sorda cool to tweek in SW. i can really see how it would
look.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
It hink you would honestly have more fun if you made the box into a spine. it would give you a little recovery room and allow for a less tight park (better on 26 wheels). basically put two halfpipes back to back and have hips into them.

Kyle,

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
It hink you would honestly have more fun if you made the box into a spine. it would give you a little recovery room and allow for a less tight park (better on 26 wheels). basically put two halfpipes back to back and have hips into them.

Kyle,
like this, thats a 1' deck on the 5' spine. yeah, i bet this would allow
for a better time less dizzyness.

Jake21

Chimp
Mar 26, 2007
I would say at one end to switch it up with a wedge instead of the quarterpipe. Or if you want some speed a roll in 4 ft wide in the corner with a wedge next to it and a perpindecular wedge. A small funbox of sort. It would give you more variety. Maybe shorten the spine and a funbox next to it, if you really want to mix it up.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
like this, thats a 1' deck on the 5' spine. yeah, i bet this would allow
for a better time less dizzyness.

Exactly. I think that would be much better, but instead of the kicker into the spine, make a kicker into the left end of the left half pipe, and a kicker into the right end of the right pipe. it would allow form some fun transfers/hips, and it makes a super fun line (our local park has something almost exactly like that)

EDIT, here is a picture of our park that kinda shows the halfpipe/spine/halfpipe along with the hip into it on one end.

Kyle,

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Exactly. I think that would be much better, but instead of the kicker into the spine, make a kicker into the left end of the left half pipe, and a kicker into the right end of the right pipe. it would allow form some fun transfers/hips, and it makes a super fun line (our local park has something almost exactly like that)

EDIT, here is a picture of our park that kinda shows the halfpipe/spine/halfpipe along with the hip into it on one end.

Kyle,
my floor is 40x40, i am limited to a total lenght or it will have
no flat bottom. also i have ne pedal into or \rollin room.
so i need something i can get into and go back and forth
in the jump out.

thanks for the input though.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
my floor is 40x40, i am limited to a total lenght or it will have
no flat bottom. also i have ne pedal into or \rollin room.
so i need something i can get into and go back and forth
in the jump out.

thanks for the input though.
I think you could do it, especially if you built a curved berm/wallrider in the other corners so you could really whip around into it.

Kyle,

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Maybe try to put a box and spine right next to each other in the middle, maybe only 6' wide. Just to give a little variety going back and forth. Maybe mount a rail somewhere too, on top of the box, or angled down one of the lips.

Jake21

Chimp
Mar 26, 2007
Yeah thats going to be tough. I would say start with your orginal design and maybe build another ramp or 2 and try switching it up.