Quantcast

random computer questions :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
MUSIC MANAGER
I’m looking for something that can mass-edit the properties, like genre, artist, title. Something easy to use.

Whatcha recommend?

LAPTOP BATTERY, AIRPLANES and SOLAR CHARGER
I just bought a Compaq 420 and want a back-up battery for when we travel. I want the longest running battery available. How are batteries rated?

Does anyone make a solar charger that could, say, connect to the top of the laptop and do a decent job of charging?

How do people use a laptop for 5+ hours on a plane or just away from a electrical outlet? (we’ve got several trips planned for the next six months -- Syracuse, Sonoma CA, Italy :D )

WI-FI in ITALY?
First, do coffee shops or similar have wi-fi over there? If so, (stupid question?) do they use the standard 802.11g connection?

VIDEO CAPTURE
Is anyone making an HDTV capture card? I’d like to record from my DVR to my harddrive in 720p.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
AFAIK 802.11b/g are pretty much universal, all newer standards are reverse compatible so you should be okay wherever you go. I could be very wrong though, it's been quite a while since I was looking into the wireless thing.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks Korn. I suppose if we get to Italy and something is different that they'll probably be selling 'em in the airport.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nope, Kornphlake is right on (I didn't notice that question the first time I read it) - 802.11a/b/g/etc. are international standards.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You have to be in the "Local Media" section instead of in a playlist itself.

Highlight whatever files you want to edit, right click, click "Edit Selected", check off the fields you want to change and change 'em.