Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Homemade hamburger. Garlic burger w/ cheddar, grilled onions and grilled mushrooms. No condiments necessary
F7DD9AFC-863C-461A-85A0-E828C4A212BF.jpeg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This cheese is so pungent and tasty. It reminds me of a railroad trip from Copenhagen in 1980. We bought the cheese and some bread from a cheese shop near the train station. We opened it up on the rail car and the aroma was overpowering. A older Dutch couple stuck their heads in and demanded to know where we had purchased it as they had been unable to find it. we pointed out the shop but by then the train had started to move. We offered to share it and they sat down with us. They asked where our wine was. We had none so they proceeded to pull out a bottle and we shared for the ride back to Amsterdam. during the trip people would come into our open rail car take one wiff and flee.

It has taken me decades to find something close and this is it. I love it,

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
This cheese is so pungent and tasty. It reminds me of a railroad trip from Copenhagen in 1980. We bought the cheese and some bread from a cheese shop near the train station. We opened it up on the rail car and the aroma was overpowering. A older Dutch couple stuck their heads in and demanded to know where we had purchased it as they had been unable to find it. we pointed out the shop but by then the train had started to move. We offered to share it and they sat down with us. They asked where our wine was. We had now so they proceeded to pull out a bottle and we shared for the ride back to Amsterdam. during the trip people would come into our open rail car take one wiff and flee.

It has taken me decades to find something close and this is it. I love it,

Served on a Batard...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A chicken shawarma meal from a local place. Chicken, rice, potatoes, hummus and an assortment of pickled stuff. Normally I love the pickled beats, but this place has pickled red onion; yummm. Not pictured is a side of their delicious baba ganoush, because yolo.

Commence food coma in 3..2..1.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My diet has radically changed. I eat mostly fruits and veggies. Lots of grains. Pork loin and Turkey are my main proteins. I have lost a few lbs and I am miserable for the most part. I liked to cook and dine. I seldom do either. I miss wings, pizza, deli, Italian food, real breakfast. A cheese steak would be so awesome right now....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My diet has radically changed. I eat mostly fruits and veggies. Lots of grains. Pork loin and Turkey are my main proteins. I have lost a few lbs and I am miserable for the most part. I liked to cook and dine. I seldom do either. I miss wings, pizza, deli, Italian food, real breakfast. A cheese steak would be so awesome right now....

You could try to check out all those vegan restaurants you have been missing out on. Do they even allow vegans in Rochester?

For real though, try some Lebanese and other Eastern Mediterranean joints. Food can be super tasty and generally rather healthy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You could try to check out all those vegan restaurants you have been missing out on. Do they even allow vegans in Rochester?

For real though, try some Lebanese and other Eastern Mediterranean joints. Food can be super tasty and generally rather healthy.
Don't care for Vegan stuff. Or the stuff I had out locally. I eat some Mediterranean food. I had Shwarma the other day that was very good.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Nice! Plenty of my friend's have recommended Massa Vecchia and i might get to go in September. How did you like it and did you ride anything else in Italy?
The riding in Massa Marritima was super fun for a day or two. The trail system is not huge but growing. We didn't actually stay for the night at Massa Vecchia, just for dinner that night, but some friends were staying and said it was great.

On this trip we also rode in Punta Ala, Molini di Trioria, Dolce Aqua, San Remo, Damiano something-something, and Finale Ligure. (Lots of shuttles, some guided rides.) I'm too lazy to tell you about each place, it was a huge variety and high quality across the board. Hard to go wrong with any of the more popular spots over there - the trails are good, there are knowledgeable people, and bike-friendly accommodations. And of course the food is killer!

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
The riding in Massa Marritima was super fun for a day or two. The trail system is not huge but growing. We didn't actually stay for the night at Massa Vecchia, just for dinner that night, but some friends were staying and said it was great.

On this trip we also rode in Punta Ala, Molini di Trioria, Dolce Aqua, San Remo, Damiano something-something, and Finale Ligure. (Lots of shuttles, some guided rides.) I'm too lazy to tell you about each place, it was a huge variety and high quality across the board. Hard to go wrong with any of the more popular spots over there - the trails are good, there are knowledgeable people, and bike-friendly accommodations. And of course the food is killer!
Thanks, sounds like a rad trip. I've ridden Finale Ligure a lot and also a bit in San Remo but i'm looking to try a different location that also has some less touristy beaches, so I think either Punta Ala or the Massa Marritima region could be worth a try.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Portable Pizza Oven is fully operable. Works like a champ. Setup at my friends Camp for his Parents 50th wedding anniversary. Much success. Spoke to soon. Didn't make it home. Same problem as last time....

Last edited: