Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Burger night and I'm battling for plate space, did forget the cheese and the above pic makes me feel worse about that, coz molten cheese makes everything better.
Local butcher smokes their own bacon and it is pretty damn good, most of the cheap stuff is imported and has little flavor so I stay away, their beef patties(rissoles) are good enough that I don't usually bother making my own.
Everything is a bit of a mess as it was raining and I was determined to BBQ, hahah!
20210206_181228_1_1.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Agree, just can't get down with olives. I re-try them every now and then to reaffirm their nastiness.
And the oil is not great on the BBQ, peanut oil is magic and it keeps the pasty white skin people with allergies away from your food.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Chilies, onion and garlic sauteed in butter with the shrimp ground red pepper salt, add in some cilantro salsa verde and the cheese sauce (melted cheese and sour cream with spices, lime juice and flour) roll then cover with cheese sace and srinkle with green enchilada sauce. bake for 30 then top with avocado and bake for 5 more minutes. I use white corn tortillas but you can use flour tortillas.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Playing Samurai Butcher

Started with 6.2 pounds of Lamb thigh. trimmed off 1.7 pounds of fat which gave me 4.5 pounds of meat which will get put into 12 60z portions. $34 for the untrimmed leg ending with 12 trimmed 6oz portions works out to about $2.80 each around 450 calories per serving

trimmings will get cut up and cooked then added to the doggies food over the next week or so
IMG_20210222_181801728.jpg
IMG_20210222_181813405.jpg
IMG_20210222_184550225.jpg

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
And the oil is not great on the BBQ, peanut oil is magic and it keeps the pasty white skin people with allergies away from your food.
HAH! I've had friends make that mistake with me before! Refined peanut oil (most store bought oil) does not carry the allergy causing badness in it.
I found this out first hand when I was at one of my favorite bars and read they were using peanut oil in their fryers. I asked when they started that and they said since the beginning of time. So i did a little research and lo and behold I had been running from peanut oil my whole life for no reason!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
HAH! I've had friends make that mistake with me before! Refined peanut oil (most store bought oil) does not carry the allergy causing badness in it.
I found this out first hand when I was at one of my favorite bars and read they were using peanut oil in their fryers. I asked when they started that and they said since the beginning of time. So i did a little research and lo and behold I had been running from peanut oil my whole life for no reason!
I will screenshot this and use it as evidence when I forget, thanks.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Fish and chip shops with large menus usually suggests that pretty much everything will be crap but my new local one is pretty good.
I assume this is pulled pork from a bag but they add their own bourbon sauce and it is pretty damn tasty, just over half a pound of meat makes it a solid feed.
IMG_20210305_120401.jpg