Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

I love the part where the Cheese get all squirrely and runs for the door. I would like to know your dough recipe. I could never distribute the toppings so unproportionally. One of the things I love about other folk's pies is when they are unproportioned. What temp do you cook at to not get the veggie pond? Is that your peel?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I love the part where the Cheese get all squirrely and runs for the door. I would like to know your dough recipe. I could never distribute the toppings so unproportionally. One of the things I love about other folk's pies is when they are unproportioned. What temp do you cook at to not get the veggie pond? Is that your peel?
the dough is King Arthur Flour, just under 3 cups for a 14" pizza , one packet of Fleishmans rapid rise yeast, one teaspoon of sea salt dissolved in the warm water I use for the dough, palm full of garlic powder, tea spoon of finely chopped rosemary, about 1 3/4 cups of warm water. I mix it dry with a flat blade on the mixer then add enough water with the blade on slow to get the dough clumpy then I switch to a dough knife and knead on slow adding remaining water. I kind of go by look and feel the dough should be smooth and barely damp. I pull the dough out of the mixer and shape it on a floured cutting board. I then place the dough ball in a large bowl covered with a light coating of olive oil and also baste the top of the doughball with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and place it in the fridge for up to 8 hours to let the gluten develop. You may have to press it down a couple of times if it rises too fast.

hand stretch, toss, or roll the dough to size and once you have the dough on the peel add your toppings

I have a clay baking stone for the oven and when I am getting ready to make the pizza I preheat the oven to 500 with the stone inside. once the oven hits 500 the stone is still going to need at least 30 more minutes to also reach 500

yeah that's my peel. I dust it with corn meal before placing the crust on it so that it will slide right off onto the pizza stone. Depending on how thick I make the crust and how crispy I want it cook time can be between 12-16 minutes

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No pics, but last night I was able to FINALLY pickup some fresh out of the oven patties.

Its been two years since I've had them, as this local shop has had severely restricted hours ever since this pandemic started.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
garlic, onion, carrot, fire roasted tomato, chx broth, cannellini beans, hot Italian chx sausage, escarole, s&p, parmesan, focaccia

20220328_173857.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
More BBQ, honey glazed chicken, some sweet tater fries and cheese filled gnocchi.
It's not fancy like some of the food in this thread but it taste OK.
IMG_20220416_200232.jpg