Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooking Brats.

Cast Iron pan on the grill. Lotsa Butter and a fuckton of onions cooked soft. Add your beer 1/2 can. Cheap stuff works good. Add a 2 tbs of Honey or maple syrup, S and P. Bring to a boil. When the brats turn pale. Throw them on a mellow fire. Do not pierce the casing. Don't let them get to dark. Reduce the Onions and Beer down until it is thick. Top the Brats with the reduced onions and some Dijon mustard. Serve with a Warsaw Falcon Dill pickle. Maybe some potato salad if your feeling ambitious...

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Looks like a true find. Have you ever tried Cotto Salami?
No, the only things I have tried off his menu is the beef jerky, landjaeger, and thuringer. Those things are amazing. Is Cotto Salami tasty? Anything else up there that should be sampled? (All of it I am guessing)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No, the only things I have tried off his menu is the beef jerky, landjaeger, and thuringer. Those things are amazing. Is Cotto Salami tasty? Anything else up there that should be sampled? (All of it I am guessing)
It is just salami that is not cured. It usually has whole black pepper corn in it. Serve it on a roll with muenster cheese and Dijon mustard. A slice of white onion if you're feeling adventurous. Love me some Thuringer. Alpine Ham Bologna? Is it like Kielbasa?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It is just salami that is not cured. It usually has whole black pepper corn in it. Serve it on a roll with muenster cheese and Dijon mustard. A slice of white onion if you're feeling adventurous. Love me some Thuringer. Alpine Ham Bologna? Is it like Kielbasa?
I will get some and try it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Amalie has this cannabis infused Olive Oil. It is from Lebanon. It makes me sleep so hard I feel invigorated at breakfast. A good satisfying sleep works for me. Loud Rock music also....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pasta and Peas.

Cook some pasta. Which ever kind you like.

Thaw out some peas. Which ever kind you like. Warm them in a pan with Butter and Garlic if you like. Or not.

Mix them together.

Eat. I put Peas in everything.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Big pieces of smoked Salmon. Caught in the Salmon River here in NY. Oak smoked. Will be served on Balsam Bagels from here in Rochester. I saved some for the morning. Super thin slices with shaved shallots and philly cream cheese. Some maple shit going on. Can't wait until the morning. Visited the bong shed. Didn't miss it so much... Folks tuning out on their phones. I plugged in my guitar and everyone was like what are you doing? Fuck that shit. I was on fire. Stone temple pilots were awesome... Everyone got parking tickets except me. Reading is fundamental....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Walleye on the grill. Coated it with Olive oil and Salt and Pepper. Peeled off the skin when it curled and melted butter on the exposed side. Pulled it off the grill just in time. Served it with sauteed spinach. Rested the fish on the spinach. Walleye is some tasty goddamn fish.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got a huge reindeer sausage breakfast burrito for lunch today. Ate half. Took the other half home, for dinner, unrolled, added some sliced some Anaheim pepper, some cilantro lime rice, cheese and hot-sauce...heated and re-wrapped...BAM, another damn good burrito.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Can I do this without pictures?

I grilled really good polska kielbasa, fresh sauerkraut from the deli, dill pickles and good mustard.

And a whiskey. Because.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
You know what I don't do? Take pretty pictures of food.

Slow cooked pork, homemade pork gravy, proper dumplings from the old neighborhood (smuggled on a plane by relatives at great risk ), and sauerkraut out of a barrel.

Ugly. Yea.
Delicious like you don't even know.
20190904_175251.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Theres an impossible burger under the fried egg...

If I dress it up with a fried egg, some pesto, sweet chili and veggies (which is something I would do anyway) I dont taste the difference with an actual meat paddy.
Jim Rep by the way. Lets hear about the frites?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Jim Rep by the way. Lets hear about the frites?
The “frites” are home cut and boiled for about 10minutes. I then season them with olive oil, sea salt, lots of paprika powder and Herb de Province. 20 mins in a pre heated oven at 200degrees. Then flip them all over and put them back in the oven at 250 degrees until theyre done.

These were still a bit soft I usually like m a bit more crispy but I was really hungry :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The “frites” are home cut and boiled for about 10minutes. I then season them with olive oil, sea salt, lots of paprika powder and Herb de Province. 20 mins in a pre heated oven at 200degrees. Then flip them all over and put them back in the oven at 250 degrees until theyre done.

These were still a bit soft I usually like m a bit more crispy but I was really hungry :D
Permij for you...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
4F60597B-A6AB-4B07-86AC-963114EF67A9.jpeg

Not sure if this fits in here but I guess its kinda foodish.

Making Kefir, which according to my sister is really healthy for your guts. Probiotics and all that.

U take these Kefir bits and let them soak in water. Add sugar and dried fruit (has to be organic) and let it ferment for two days.
U then take it out, leave the Kefir and put on new water, fruit and sugar to ferment for new batch. (Jar on the right)

The first part thats already fermented you can add more fruit for flavor, in my case Ive added mango. (Jar on the left)

Tasted pretty good, a bit like very fruity white wine almost and appearently its super healthy.

Stir fry of a sort for two:

While butter's heating in an aluminum omelette pan, halve and slice an onion.

Put onion in pan, add fresh ground black pepper.

With high heat, toss the onion until sections separate and it just starts to go transparent.

While busy with that, halve a zucchini longitudinally and slice, about 1/4" sections.

Dump onions in a bowl and cover.

Add more butter, then zucchini. Toss intermittently while similarly preparing an eggplant or two.

Add the eggplant. Continue to heat and toss while halving a dozen or so cherry tomatoes.

Lower heat, continue to toss for a minute or two, add to bowl, top with a dash or two of soy sauce.

More butter in pan. Add a half pound or so of ground meat. Stir and break up, keep it moving so it doesn't stick. continue and stop while it's still rare.

Add the vegetables. stir and turn off the heat.

Serve.