Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

• Fire up the broiler.
  • Quarter and slice a white onion while butter's melting in omelette pan.
  • Wing onion into pan, add a bunch of freshly ground black pepper.
  • Start tossing the pan contents every few minutes.
  • Halve and slice a zucchini, add to pan.
  • Quarter and slice a patty pan squash, add to pan.
  • Thinly slice a big garlic clove, add to pan, then a fair dollop of Sriracha. Remember, we're still tossing every few minutes...
  • When broiler has been going for fifteen minutes, toss in a couple of lamb chops.
  • Decant the veggies into a bowl. Add a solid dash of teriyaki sauce. Cover bowl.
  • At five minutes, turn chops over; two minutes later, put them on plate(s).
  • Dish out the vegetables.
  • Enjoy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
  • Fire up the broiler.
  • Quarter and slice a white onion while butter's melting in omelette pan.
  • Wing onion into pan, add a bunch of freshly ground black pepper.
  • Start tossing the pan contents every few minutes.
  • Halve and slice a zucchini, add to pan.
  • Quarter and slice a patty pan squash, add to pan.
  • Thinly slice a big garlic clove, add to pan, then a fair dollop of Sriracha. Remember, we're still tossing every few minutes...
  • When broiler has been going for fifteen minutes, toss in a couple of lamb chops.
  • Decant the veggies into a bowl. Add a solid dash of teriyaki sauce. Cover bowl.
  • At five minutes, turn chops over; two minutes later, put them on plate(s).
  • Dish out the vegetables.
  • Enjoy.
Just a few ? Do you peel your veggies? Could you be more specific about the Teriyaki sauce? How big are these lamb chops? Can I substitute pork as lamb is expensive here. Do you rest the chops on top of the Veggies to finish? Is your broiler gas or electric? Thanks Jim...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hand a hankering for some jalapeno poppers and fajitas. There is no Chili's or Applebee's nearby. Found a knock off joint, had a distinct lack of flair and all the beef was some imported Asian stuff. Still pretty good.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Go buy Jazz apples, they are tasty. Make sure they are Washington State apples. Can't vouch for anything else

View attachment 137334
Where I lived in California was a whole bunch of apple ranches and christmas tree farms. It was amazing how different (and good) the stuff from the ranches was, compared to what most people experience in a store. I worked at one of those ranches for a few seasons. My fav is still the red delicous...but it's nothing like you get at the store with the same name...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had Char Su today. Not the real shit. But the Korean version cooked in the Egg. The cutlet was bigger then my head. The sauce was nice and the veggies were spot on. Why do they not have Char Su shops?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am on a Chow Mein kick. It so easy and versatile. Once you learn to fry your Noodles your a master. I require Cabbage. I am on a Honey Garlic binge. Works well with Duck, Beef, or Chicken. It should be easy to make. Wok not required. 10 minutes to the table. Don't over think it or make it elaborate.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Remember when a hamburger in a bun was something one could actually pick up and eat?
I watched a random Gordon Ramsey clip recently of him flipping his shit because of this haha.

Though 10/10 would try to eat that. But when I build a hamburger at home, I go for just simple addons: lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup or ketchup, cheese and mustard. Can't be combining mayo and ketchup like a savage.