Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I try to adhere to the pick it up and eat it BS. I make a thick pure beef burger I shoot for a half pound 80/20 medium. Cheese if it is good. Maybe some onions, Raw, Thin sliced, fried or grilled I don't care. Pickle on the side. Always got to have a Pickle. Warsaw Falcons for me. Nah who am I kidding. I chop that bitch up and pile it on. My local Bakery makes a kick ass Chiabata or a Thomas' Large English Muffin grilled. My friend Amy makes a Italian Sausage burger 1/2 80/20 1/2 Hot Italian sausage. She adds Hot Jalapeno Pepper cheese and French fried onions served on a Big Soft Roll. I usually eat 2 along with her Baked Beans. Her Baked Beans are the best. She also makes a awesome Hot Pepper Jam.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
How are you not 300 pounds?
Lap Pond to myself at the Jewish Community Center 3 days a week. 3 sets of Situps. 2 sets of pushups. 10 pullups. daily. Long walks in the cold woods and snow. Riding Motorcycles in the Woods. Regularly scaring myself. Going to Temple. Sleeping properly. Hydrating properly. Eating Vegetables. Sex in the woods. Waffles.
IMG_0201.jpg

Today. Chopped Wood also. My scale doesn't go that high...

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Sam's sourdough waffles for the weekly parenting win re: heat and eat before "school" -- if there is such a thing post-CV

IMG_20200314_104024.jpg

I usually do waffles one day and sourdough bread a day or two later...

IMG_20200314_104124.jpg

"Mother" says hi
IMG_20200314_104050.jpg

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sam's sourdough waffles for the weekly parenting win re: heat and eat before "school" -- if there is such a thing post-CV

View attachment 141998

I usually do waffles one day and sourdough bread a day or two later...

View attachment 141999

"Mother" says hiView attachment 142000
Looks good!

Too bad I can't buy flour anytime soon.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Made a few Pizzas tonight, this is the first one. used Alton Brown's dough recipe, worked a peach. I am having a problem with using the stone at 550 (highest my oven will go) with the toppings being done before the crust. Not sure of the fix...

Hot sausage, Jalapenos, and garlic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Made a few Pizzas tonight, this is the first one. used Alton Brown's dough recipe, worked a peach. I am having a problem with using the stone at 550 (highest my oven will go) with the toppings being done before the crust. Not sure of the fix...

Perhaps the stone isn't up to temp. It will lag the thermometer on the oven a lot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I preheat for 50 minutes. Stone is definitely 550, unless the temp is off in the oven. But it sure feels as hot as ever.

You want not just the surface of the stone but the core to be hot too, just try it a little longer. If that doesn't help perhaps heat the stone at 550 but then lower the oven temp a bit and let the top cook at a lower temp than the crust.

*Not a chef, I just like thermodynamics.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

What happened when you were adding the jalapenos, slip on some pizza sauce?

I KID I KID

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I preheat for 50 minutes. Stone is definitely 550, unless the temp is off in the oven. But it sure feels as hot as ever.
This may be obvious but maybe move the stone and pizza to a lower rack in the oven, so the bottom is closer to the heat source. You could also cover the top loosely with foil for part of the cook time.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
On bottom shelf.

full disclosure: through college I was a piaziolo...I probably made a few thousand pies (but with a 700 degree blodgett oven).
I think I will preheat for an hour and a half.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This may be obvious but maybe move the stone and pizza to a lower rack in the oven, so the bottom is closer to the heat source. You could also cover the top loosely with foil for part of the cook time.
This. I have an el cheapo stone that is permanently camped at the bottom rack. I bake pizza at 475F (550 is IMHO a lot for a regular kitchen range), on a baking paper, 12 minutes. I do not even bother doing long preheat, by the time the oven reaches 475F the stone is at the same temperature.