Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh damn this was good. I slow cooked the Chuck Roast in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ in a La Cruset for 5 hours at 250* Steamed then sauteed the green beans in olive oil with fresh chopped garlic and sliced olives with salt and pepper then topped it with Feta. The beef just fell apart no knife needed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oh damn this was good. I slow cooked the Chuck Roast in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ in a La Cruset for 5 hours at 250* Steamed then sauteed the green beans in olive oil with fresh chopped garlic and sliced olives with salt and pepper then topped it with Feta. The beef just fell apart no knife needed.

For a second I though that was pork liver. :drool:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pizza on point today. Prosciutto, yellow peppers, habaneros, pepperoni, onion, black assholes, so good.
Also, made with imported Czech wheat flour that I ordered at a great risk from Long Island.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
SO!
today I made meatballs. Holy smokes they turned out great. I couldn't get any veal but had nice ground beef and ground pork. Im stuffed, gonna finish this wine and crash.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I caved. Stopped and got some jerk pork and rice and a box of patties. Haven't been to this place in a few years after moving away.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Amy came home from her Hospital assignment at the VA in the Bronx. She brought us these kick as Jamaican patties. The delicious kind with the Orange dough (Tasty Brand). Pimento cheese from the 6th ave deli also. OG Kush... Bagels from Essen.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sourdough starter finally started sourdoughing, the smell and taste of the wild yeast is very pleasant. I am trying to rapidly grow it today so I can bake the first sourdough pizza later tonight.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Sourdough starter finally started sourdoughing, the smell and taste of the wild yeast is very pleasant. I am trying to rapidly grow it today so I can bake the first sourdough pizza later tonight.
I recommend autolyse (pre-hydrating without actually kneading) your flour when making any kind of sourdough bread (pizza or otherwise) as it 'relaxes' things when you get to kneading...

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thank you @Montana rider . I managed to do without autolyse today, but I can see how it could help.

One thing I've learned about sourdough is that it is very sensitive to temperature. Too cold (68-70F) and the wild yeast won't do jackshit, too hot (slow cooker on low) and it gets crusty. That said, the sour flavor and mild aroma of the starter are fantastic, and so is the baked product.

Here's my 1st attempt at sourdough flatbread pizza today, with roasted chicken, bacon, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sweet bell peppers and a bit of leek for wifey. I can and will improve but it was suuuper tasty and we both overindulged tonight. Burp.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thank you @Montana rider . I managed to do without autolyse today, but I can see how it could help.

One thing I've learned about sourdough is that it is very sensitive to temperature. Too cold (68-70F) and the wild yeast won't do jackshit, too hot (slow cooker on low) and it gets crusty. That said, the sour flavor and mild aroma of the starter are fantastic, and so is the baked product.

Here's my 1st attempt at sourdough flatbread pizza today, with roasted chicken, bacon, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sweet bell peppers and a bit of leek for wifey. I can and will improve but it was suuuper tasty and we both overindulged tonight. Burp.

That looks delicious.