Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oooh - mole sauce. Goddam. :drool:

Despite the fucked up oven, I got what appears to be the best batch of ciabatti to date. Really good oven spring on this batch. Really looking forward to seeing how the crumb turned out.

Having ribollita for dinner, along with some fresh bread topped with prosciutto and a drizzled balsamic reduction.

1605144662510.png

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oooh - mole sauce. Goddam. :drool:

Despite the fucked up oven, I got what appears to be the best batch of ciabatti to date. Really good oven spring on this batch. Really looking forward to seeing how the crumb turned out.

Having ribollita for dinner, along with some fresh bread topped with prosciutto and a drizzled balsamic reduction.

View attachment 152221
Needs Mortadella and some Sharp provolone. Wine vinegar and oil. Maybe some peppers too.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We have a stove like that. We found right away that you can’t make pizzas in both ovens at the same time, the mechanism would overheat with both of them on at 550. It was disappointing. I guess the mini oven was designed more for ‘warming’.

Edit: does that oven really go to 950 degrees?
outrageous if so...or is that just the clock? (It’s a little blurry)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The thing is that you eat a few of them. It’s all about the crust texture. That said, I have enjoyed deep dish where the dough is basically deep fried in olive oil in the bottom of the pan.

It has been decades since I had proper deep dish in Chicago. I certainly remember enjoying it. A local deep dish place opened up in the neighborhood and people have raved about it. I find it to be more of a pile of soggy bread and kind of nasty. I will assume it is yet another poor excuse of a regional dish that the PNW somehow passes as quality.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
We have a stove like that. We found right away that you can’t make pizzas in both ovens at the same time, the mechanism would overheat with both of them on at 550. It was disappointing. I guess the mini oven was designed more for ‘warming’.

Edit: does that oven really go to 950 degrees?
outrageous if so...or is that just the clock?
Pretty sure that's just the clock. I believe the max oven temp is 550F. I think that we should be able to bake two pies in the large oven, as it's convection?

For us the double oven will be for the occasions that we are doing multiple dishes at different temps (like for T'giving and such). I also think that it should be more efficient, since we should be able to bake a lot of things in the small oven (though the small one is *not* convection).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
What's wrong with the old one? I had to replace the glowing ignitor in our range recently but it is also 30 years old. :D
Our range is also ~30 years old AFAIK and the oven quit maintaining a constant temperature. Could be a switch, could be the temp sensor in the back of the oven, could be the control board. But to be honest, I've simply been looking for an excuse to get rid of the goddam thing for about 10 years (it's a glass-top electric range - and that kind of sucks too).

So now is the time! :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Our range is also ~30 years old AFAIK and the oven quit maintaining a constant temperature. Could be a switch, could be the temp sensor in the back of the oven, could be the control board. But to be honest, I've simply been looking for an excuse to get rid of the goddam thing for about 10 years (it's a glass-top electric range - and that kind of sucks too).

So now is the time! :D
I am not saying it is the $20 ignitor - but it is the $20 ignitor. :D