Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
for all the bashing of fast food in the I&O thread, I'd crush two of those with fries right now.
There is a genre of food that is both disgusting and awesome, I think this fits in there. I have no issues with fast food on the rare occasion, which for me is usually on long interstate road trips.

Although I think I would develope a problem if I lived near a White Castle. I don't know why but those gut bombs just do it for me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is a genre of food that is both disgusting and awesome, I think this fits in there. I have no issues with fast food on the rare occasion, which for me is usually on long interstate road trips.

Although I think I would develope a problem if I lived near a White Castle. I don't know why but those gut bombs just do it for me.
give me a bassomatic any day

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you are making the sauce from canned tomato paste, it is already cooked. If you are making it from scratch I am curious to hear how you prevent it from coming out like soup.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i just buy premade, but i've always read for homemade you just puree the tomatoes then strain them through cheese cloth to remove the liquid

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
If you are making it from scratch I am curious to hear how you prevent it from coming out like soup.
https://www.searching4zen.com/recipes/fwsy-sauce/

I've always drained the canned tomatoes, but this says you don't need to. The trick is to not overblend it. I did the first time I tried it and it turned out really watery. Now I just hit the pulse button on the blender till everything is just mixed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
https://www.searching4zen.com/recipes/fwsy-sauce/

I've always drained the canned tomatoes, but this says you don't need to. The trick is to not overblend it. I did the first time I tried it and it turned out really watery. Now I just hit the pulse button on the blender till everything is just mixed.

FYI everything canned is cooked. It is possible to can something then hold it at lower temperatures for long periods of time to ensure sterilization (a la sous vide), but any industrial canning operation is going to heat high and fast.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tomatoes on pizza (not the sauce) is good, if paired with complementary toppings. But yeah definitely scoop out the liquid shiz.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My mom was from the triganosis generation. When it came to pork, if it wasn’t charred, grey gristle, it was going to kill us. I didn’t have a good pork chop until my mid 20’s.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Tried an experiment, wheat and rye with caraway seeds, and bagel seasoning on top.
And no, I have no idea why this is upside down, it is correct when I click on the photo?
it’s a Jimmy Dean loaf.
84537AFF-A9FF-4233-B89F-AF9E9FEC9B77.jpeg