Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just whipped up some kimchi fried rice. Going to grill some chicken thighs in a hot second.

Its fuckin raining, in January. Wtf?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No pics, but I came home last night and found the girlfriend had something like 8 pounds of pulled PORK ready to be devoured. Fresh baked bread too.

:drool:

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Looks tasty, nice work. Poached eggs and all, huh? I can never be bothered to poach at home.

But really, calling that a Benedict is a stretch, eh? I know there are variations but doesn't it at least need Hollandaise to qualify?

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Duck breast with carrots + cauliflower and a maple and mustard pan sauce (duck fat, shallot, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, stone ground mustard). Very tasty and a nice change up from chicken/pork/beef. I probably could have pulled the duck earlier for a bit more pink but it still came out tender.

Downside: girlfriend has a strong mental disposition against duck and mentioned that the smells wafting upstairs from the kitchen had her “gagging”. Bummer as I loved it and would like to take on a whole bird.
2A76D480-A25D-4FD2-8C60-C270E48B91FA.jpeg

Will be trying my hand at Osso Buco for the first time on Sunday. Using Karobuta pork shanks instead of veal due to the aforementioned girlfriend and hoping it will turn out.

Last edited: