Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Wings were good! Precooked them in the Airfryer at home. Put them in a Gladware container. Sauced and then grilled them Yinzer style at the Camp. The grill I was told did not make it home.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yep the black monukka's are getting ripe. I haven't been able to process anything in the last two years, the time commitment at this scale is really large. I lost my space for running dehydrators when I moved also. The goal is to build a shop that will have a semi dedicated area for washing and processing fruit.

A friend of mine dried a few thousand pounds of apricots this summer. He used 100yr old drying racks that he brought from California. I helped him out some and he kicked me a few gallon bags of cots that he left unsulfured. He sulfurs most of it but I am not down with that.

107309.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Oysters and Shrimps I get lately are very fresh and cheap for some reason. Since its cool out. I have been frying them up and making my version of Po-boy sammichs. The one thing I cannot replicate is the Remoulade that goes so well with them. The brand the local specialty shop sells is awful. More like Thousand Island dressing. I had a jar of Bookbinders Tarter Sauce that did OK but its just not the same. Its gone now. Anyone have a recipe that is good? Jim

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Breakfast. Leftover crab fried rice with a couple fried eggs. Delicious. Not pictured are the pork and crab shumai. None survived.

20211001_100805.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
It turned out real tasty... I'm a fan of it for using up "extra" paste tomatoes. I *did* cook it pretty much all day, though, as opposed to the 45 minutes specified in the recipe. :D
Hot tip: just load it all into a slow cooker/Crock Pot and go about your day.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

Make this. It's fucking amazing.

20211005_183515.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I gave my Weber charcoal grill to my neighbor. She is much more skilled at using it then I. So far This has been good for me. First I like her kids. They are good eaters. I appreciate that. Second they are generous towards me. I enjoy my interactions with them. I have been able to connect with my neighbors in a cool way. After the riots last year things have been tense around here... I supply the Charcoal and Tin Foil...