Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Lake Trout are huge this year. Going upstream late. Easy to catch and clean. Trout salad sandwiches. No mayo. Just Trouts, scallions, plain cream cheese with Franks on Pita bread.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Road Food
I honestly never thought that a pizza shop could make a pizza this bad and still be in business.
Crossing the midwest, we were hungry, the overnight stop with the horse has nothing nearby. We browsed the net and found a pizza place near our stop with good reviews. We were in St Peters MO a suburb of St Louis. we ordered Pepperoni and green olive. Stopped for fuel then went to get the pizza and then headed off to drop off the horse and the stabling and settle in for the night in the camper.
Now to the "Pizza" I thinkView attachment 167682View attachment 167683 the crust came from the cans of pizza dough in the market freezer. square and paper thin. the toppings were what I expected but... holy hell they used Velveeta for the cheese. So disgustingly horrible. I brought home a few slices as proof of how bad it was
Cross post from the random picture thread. Coincidental that I also posted this on Friday.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cross post from the random picture thread. Coincidental that I also posted this on Friday.
I have never had pizza in California or Texas. I may or may not have had pizza in St Louis. Just not sure. I would go with Bar Pies in Boston over most of these regions. NY is now dollar slice land. Ugh think Sabaro. Philly is where NY was 10 years ago. You can get an OK version of Detroit pie at Pizza Hut. I am not going to Ohio for anything any time soon. All the good Chicago pizza places are really touristy now.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Anybody ever make their own mascarpone? It looks super-easy and I'm considering giving it a go... figured maybe someone had done it already and might have tips/tricks.
Bel Giosi is so good and readily available. I have left it up to them. Can no longer find the big tubs anymore. Even through a purveyor the small tubs ($4 usually) are expensive.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New England style Steak Tips. Possibly my favorite Steak. First Bavette is one of my favorite Beef cuts. Tasty as Fuck. I have searched hi and low for a bottled version of the marinade. I like Halfway Cafes version the best. New Bridge in Chelsea is good. But the safety factor of going to Chelsea outweighs my enjoyment of their Tips. Same as Santarpios in East Boston. Not worth the effort