Quantcast

random Gravity Light handlebar question

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
So here's a weird one: trying to order some 800mm Gravity Light bars for a customer at my shop, but I'm finding 2 different versions of the bars listed on QBP and BTI, and I can't tell what the difference is. One is vendor part # 180-1123, and is listed as the 800mm width, 25mm rise. These are obviously what I need to order, but they are completely sold out from both distributors. The other Gravity Light bars that QBP has available are vendor part # 180-1125, and are listed as having all the same dimensions, but the description says they have "set-back rise." I have no idea what this means, and I need to find out if these are in fact the same bars so I can order them for the customer. A Google search of the vendor part numbers got me nowhere. Any ideas?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The version that is sold out, says 'NLA'....I would assume this means 'no longer available'. It looks like the version that is in stock are a newer version. What changed?? no idea, unfortunately FSA is absolutely awful about releasing information about products or updating the web site.

All the listed stats (weight, width, backsweep, upsweep, rise, color) are the same, yet they claim to be 'updated'....?????

Half the FSA/Gravity parts on BTI/QBP are not shown on the FSA site.

Call them (FSA) in the morning and ask them WTF, the order won't be procesed until then anyways.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Ah, here we go... BTI has two different versions listed. They have the "Gravity Light Riser Bar (2009)" (vendor part # 180-1123), which is out of stock in the 800mm width, but then below that they have just plain ol' "Gravity Light Riser Bar," which is vendor part # 180-1125 and is apparently the 2010 model. The description says: "Updated setback angle offers improved rider fit"

So there we go. Same bars, just somehow "updated." Thanks davep.